PDA

View Full Version : Wow. A++++ to Edge Inc. again!

Whitethunder46
02-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Here's the deal. About 3 weeks ago I was working on my Mustang. I was working on the roof using XMT3 and a yellow Edge pad. I started noticing a lot of abnormal dusting and when looking closer on the surface of the car I saw what looked like yellow foam! I turned over my PC and notice a huge gash in the foam.

This was after cleaning:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/carolinaheels42/YellowPad.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/carolinaheels42/YellowPad2.jpg

After contacting Meghan and then forwarding to Aaron at Edge, and after many missed calls an Emails with Aaron, I got a package in the mail.

It was a new yellow pad! When I opened it, at first I was unsure. It was actually an 8" pad for what I thought was just for rotaries. I wasn't sure if I could use this with my PC? I looked on autogeek, and it seemed like I could so I was happy for it. I PM'd Aaron asking him if he new I had a D/A PC and if the 8" pad could be used on my PC. That was on Saturday. I haven't heard from him, but when I got home today I found this inside a UPS bag:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/carolinaheels42/YellowPads.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/carolinaheels42/yellowpads2.jpg

The right pad is the yellow cutting pad BUT the left pad is definately not a cutting pad. It's super super soft, like the white Edge pads, maybe eveb softer! I've never heard of this pad, is it just simply a different color? Is it a new pad? Any thoughts or anyone hear of this?

Nuke33
02-07-2007, 05:34 PM
nice

Meghan
02-07-2007, 05:34 PM
First thank you for sharing your experience with dealing with Aaron, second just PM "The Edge" and Aaron will help you out with the foam issue. Aaron is very prompty with PM's so you should hear right back from him, if not just send him an email at Aaron@dedicationtodetail.com or you can instant message him at edgepads@hotmail.com

Whitethunder46
02-07-2007, 05:51 PM
First thank you for sharing your experience with dealing with Aaron, second just PM "The Edge" and Aaron will help you out with the foam issue. Aaron is very prompty with PM's so you should hear right back from him, if not just send him an email at Aaron@dedicationtodetail.com or you can instant message him at edgepads@hotmail.com

Yea, I PM'd him Saturday about the 8" pad I received and never heard back and now I have these pads too! haha

Kelso
02-07-2007, 07:12 PM
hmmm...ask aaron what that pad is, could be a potential prototype or something if its soft and yellow?or maybe not i really dont know.

The Edge
02-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Nah, no prototype, actually that second yellow is just a bunch of the softer polyester foams we make the regular rotary Edge pads from and a bunch were made in 6 inch. When we went to replace this pad my manager brought me both and asked which one you wanted because he had only seen a picture of a yellow pad online. I said just give him both, so you got both. It may feel a bit soft but its actually a cutting pad. I beleive the reason it is in the back is that it was also from a batch that did not pass as Medium cutting and so was just put aside. It will act as a sort of very light cutting on a PC and just plain old light cutting on a rotary as the foam more closely matches our regular green for rotarys. Sorry for the confusion, just thought you might like the free pad.

Whitethunder46
02-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Nah, no prototype, actually that second yellow is just a bunch of the softer polyester foams we make the regular rotary Edge pads from and a bunch were made in 6 inch. When we went to replace this pad my manager brought me both and asked which one you wanted because he had only seen a picture of a yellow pad online. I said just give him both, so you got both. It may feel a bit soft but its actually a cutting pad. I beleive the reason it is in the back is that it was also from a batch that did not pass as Medium cutting and so was just put aside. It will act as a sort of very light cutting on a PC and just plain old light cutting on a rotary as the foam more closely matches our regular green for rotarys. Sorry for the confusion, just thought you might like the free pad.

O I do! Can't ever have enough pads!

RallyMSP
02-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Above and beyond customer service. Glad I ordered the edge pad kit.

Meghan
02-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Thank you Aaron for clearing that up... I doubt anyone around here would turn away the free pads!:D
These guys love "samples"!;)