PDA

View Full Version : So I tried Meguiar's MF system for the first time...

onlycodered
09-16-2011, 05:36 PM
...and I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I will never use another foam pad again. The results below took about 5 minutes with almost no pressure using my PC in speed 4.5 (compounding) and speed 4 (finishing). This was my passenger side running board (or whatever you call it) after doing a quick ONR wash:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/JSchwage/Detailing/IMAG0233.jpg

This is after the correction compound:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/JSchwage/Detailing/IMAG0234.jpg

And this is after the finishing wax/compound:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/JSchwage/Detailing/IMAG0235.jpg

MirandaAutoSpa
09-16-2011, 05:41 PM
I lOVE the new MF DA System!!!!!!! Now do the rest of the car......you'll be washing it with love every few days when you see the results!!!!!!!!:xyxthumbs:

onlycodered
09-16-2011, 05:49 PM
I lOVE the new MF DA System!!!!!!! Now do the rest of the car......you'll be washing it with love every few days when you see the results!!!!!!!!:xyxthumbs:I just did my entire car a couple weeks ago with an orange pad and Ultimate Compound so it's in an okay state for now. I live up north so I'll probably give the MF System a try on my DD in the spring after all the scratchy road salt and snow brushes are good and done with for the year.

I will be using this system on a 2006 VW Passat tomorrow though which has notoriously hard clearcoat and I can already tell it will be no match for this system!!

MirandaAutoSpa
09-16-2011, 05:59 PM
I just did my entire car a couple weeks ago with an orange pad and Ultimate Compound so it's in an okay state for now. I live up north so I'll probably give the MF System a try on my DD in the spring after all the scratchy road salt and snow brushes are good and done with for the year.

I will be using this system on a 2006 VW Passat tomorrow though which has notoriously hard clearcoat and I can already tell it will be no match for this system!!

Cool... did you use a LC Orange, ccs or flat? I was thinking of purchasing the LC flat 6 pack.

onlycodered
09-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Cool... did you use a LC Orange, ccs or flat? I was thinking of purchasing the LC flat 6 pack.I used the CCS although from what I hear flat is much better so I'll probably be picking up flat pads from now on. That is of course if I ever use a foam pad again. Hahaha!

GK Auto Spa
09-16-2011, 06:12 PM
WOW,i need to update to the MF system!!:dblthumb2:

tw33k2514
09-16-2011, 06:27 PM
The system really is amazing. For high volume detail shops there really is nothing better. And truthfully about 90% of cars will turn out amazing with the MF system. After using it on a few cars it is on my list of things I want for my personal collection.

silverfox
09-16-2011, 07:01 PM
I haven't used a foam pad for any type of correction since using the MF Correction system. I only use soft finishing foam pads at this point to apply glazes, waxes, or sealants.

I know a few detailers that use the MF Correction system as their primary tool for heavy correction/compounding, and only use a rotary for jeweling.

Megs really hit one out of the park with this system. The pads last months. I've used the same MF discs since I bought the system when it was first available to the public. MF lasts so much longer than foam pads, its been my experience. They clean up easy as well.

shrtbull
09-16-2011, 10:37 PM
I can't wait to give mine a try!

Gary

WRAPT C5Z06
09-17-2011, 12:48 AM
Megs really hit one out of the park with this system.
:iagree:

The MF system is revolutionary.

BobbyG
09-17-2011, 06:05 AM
Megs really hit one out of the park with this system. The pads last months. I've used the same MF discs since I bought the system when it was first available to the public. MF lasts so much longer than foam pads, its been my experience. They clean up easy as well.

:iagree: Meguiar's really did their homework on this system and like to many other products they've developed through the years this one is here to stay! :props: