PDA

View Full Version : Thanks BobbyG for recommending Klean Strip-Prep All

truckbutt
09-16-2011, 04:26 PM
A short time ago, BobbyG recommended Klean Strip - Prep All for removing dried wax on trim and as a prep after polishing. I picked up a gallon at an autobody supply store. I used it today after using M205/P085RD and before BFWD. It worked very well. No residue or white haze. It dries quickly and clearly.
Thanks BobbyG.:xyxthumbs:

Garry Dean
09-16-2011, 04:43 PM
A short time ago, BobbyG recommended Klean Strip - Prep All for removing dried wax on trim and as a prep after polishing. I picked up a gallon at an autobody supply store. I used it today after using M205/P085RD and before BFWD. It worked very well. No residue or white haze. It dries quickly and clearly.
Thanks BobbyG.:xyxthumbs:

Yup, Bobby is the man. Prep All is good stuff!

rwright
09-16-2011, 05:45 PM
To BobbyG :applause::cheers:

BobbyG
09-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Hey, thanks everyone! If I find something that works I try to pass it along...:props:

We all learn and that includes me... I've learned allot of tip and tricks from everyone here. I was out of mainstream detailing and paintwork for several years and if it weren't for you guys I wouldn't know some of the great detailing tips I do today...:props:

Ron Atchison
09-17-2011, 12:46 AM
This post brings a question to mind. Somewhat pointed at you BobbyG seeing how you were once in the body busines and probably used gallons of the stuf. Why are guys using IPA's, Dawn washes and all sorts of other stuff instead of prepsol or one of the other wax and grease removers like body shops use before painting as a polishing oil remover before the LSP.

BobbyG
09-17-2011, 05:51 AM
This post brings a question to mind. Somewhat pointed at you BobbyG seeing how you were once in the body busines and probably used gallons of the stuf. Why are guys using IPA's, Dawn washes and all sorts of other stuff instead of prepsol or one of the other wax and grease removers like body shops use before painting as a polishing oil remover before the LSP.

That's a great question.

First, some just aren't aware of these.

People tend to shy away from what some consider harsher chemicals used in professional shops because they fear it could harm themselves or their car. Many today are part of the green movement and prefer mild biodegradable earth friendly products.

Chemicals like Prep-Sol and Prep-All aren't as readily available as IPA and Dawn and are much cheaper and found in most homes. Shop chemicals are usually found in automotive stores but will always be on the shelf in a paint supply store.

Chemicals like Prep-Sol and Prep-All are specifically designed for cleaning the finish surface and do a fantastic job where IPA is not.

This is my take on it.