PDA

View Full Version : Small Dealership Prices

GK Auto Spa
09-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Whats up guyz!?

I wanted to ask your opinion about small dealership prices. I have a gig at a Premiere Auto Dealership. The lots has like 85 cars from $10,000 up to $70,000. Work duties include full correction(megs 105-205-21) to a simple wash. I wanna kno what would you charge for each service.

Full 3 step correction - ?
Full interior clean - ?
Wash / Wax - ?
Wash - ?
Engine - ?

sometimes the cars need wet sand & buff

half car wet sand - ?
whole car wet sand - ?

half car clayed - ?
whole car clayed - ?

Tundra1316
09-15-2011, 10:13 PM
You should have a set price for all the vehicles you detail or Charge by the hour.
Here is a price sheet of a local detailing company, that might help you out.
Bellevue Auto Detail list of services and detail packages (http://www.bellevuedetail.com/bellevue-detail-services)

GK Auto Spa
09-16-2011, 06:52 AM
You should have a set price for all the vehicles you detail or Charge by the hour.
Here is a price sheet of a local detailing company, that might help you out.
Bellevue Auto Detail list of services and detail packages (http://www.bellevuedetail.com/bellevue-detail-services)

Dealerships won't pay regular prices,so i guess im looking for wholesale prices for a dealership.

silverfox
09-16-2011, 07:20 AM
I would not use the M105/M205/M21...for production work...maybe to get a show car ready, but for production work, the Megs MF correction system was made for. Fast, easy, 2 steps, your done...with protection as well as D301 has some decent protection that doesn't get a lot of kudos.

Flash Gordon
09-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Charge by the hour and that will end the mystery

cutter
09-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Charge by the hour and that will end the mystery

:iagree: Figure out how much you need to make per hour to turn your expected profit

and charge that amount.

MI Mike
09-16-2011, 08:40 AM
:iagree:with all of the comments.

The dealership wants your best work for very little money being expended by them. Go for the hourly rate. If they are serious about quality you will know right away.

GK Auto Spa
09-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks guyz!! HOW MUCH WOULD U CHARGE FOR AN HOUR OF WORK?

C. Charles Hahn
09-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Thanks guyz!! HOW MUCH WOULD U CHARGE FOR AN HOUR OF WORK?

You need to know how to calculate the amount YOU need to charge in YOUR situation to cover YOUR overhead and still turn the margin of profit YOU would like to be making. No one here can tell you that, you'll have to figure it out and calculate for yourself.

The other alternative is to ask the dealer to throw you an offer and if you can't work for their price either negotiate for a higher price, re-evaluate the products and workflow you're using, or pass on the account. Again, all after calculating your overhead and margin to see if taking the work would be profitable enough to be worthwhile.

If any of that sounds foreign to you, I'd suggest taking some business classes so you'll understand what goes into setting a price point for a service-provider type of business. Not knowing how to properly set your pricing and manage your finances is something I can guarantee WILL put you out of business, probably sooner than later.

GK Auto Spa
09-16-2011, 03:55 PM
You need to know how to calculate the amount YOU need to charge in YOUR situation to cover YOUR overhead and still turn the margin of profit YOU would like to be making. No one here can tell you that, you'll have to figure it out and calculate for yourself.

The other alternative is to ask the dealer to throw you an offer and if you can't work for their price either negotiate for a higher price, re-evaluate the products and workflow you're using, or pass on the account. Again, all after calculating your overhead and margin to see if taking the work would be profitable enough to be worthwhile.

If any of that sounds foreign to you, I'd suggest taking some business classes so you'll understand what goes into setting a price point for a service-provider type of business. Not knowing how to properly set your pricing and manage your finances is something I can guarantee WILL put you out of business, probably sooner than later.

I have some figures put together from paying attention to the volume & workflow. Just wanted to see if it match other shop owners. I actually called other detail shops & asked if they would o dealership over flow & how much!

THANKS!!:xyxthumbs:

bigaizsosexy
09-16-2011, 04:10 PM
I indeed like this thread a lot!! I couldn't agree more with Charlie though, and as a business graduate, he is absolutely correct! Keep me updated!

GK Auto Spa
09-16-2011, 04:37 PM
I would not use the M105/M205/M21...for production work...maybe to get a show car ready, but for production work, the Megs MF correction system was made for. Fast, easy, 2 steps, your done...with protection as well as D301 has some decent protection that doesn't get a lot of kudos.

What is Megs MF correction system? these folks swear by the 105/205/21 system. Im familiar with it so it isnt a problem but,they ask for too much for too little. Since quality control starts & ends with me i use my power to communicate to them PAY MORE/GET MORE.

nadroj
09-16-2011, 04:50 PM
What is Megs MF correction system? these folks swear by the 105/205/21 system. Im familiar with it so it isnt a problem but,they ask for too much for too little. Since quality control starts & ends with me i use my power to communicate to them PAY MORE/GET MORE.

Meguiar's microfiber correction system. You can find some information about it here:

Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction System, paint polishing system, car polish, car detailing system, compounding system, remove scratches (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-da-microfiber-system.html)

The 6" starter kit is this weeks VIP special:

VIP Special - Meguiars DMCKIT6 DA Microfiber Correction System 6 Inch Starter Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/members-only.html)

GK Auto Spa
09-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Meguiar's microfiber correction system. You can find some information about it here:

Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction System, paint polishing system, car polish, car detailing system, compounding system, remove scratches (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-da-microfiber-system.html)

The 6" starter kit is this weeks VIP special:

VIP Special - Meguiars DMCKIT6 DA Microfiber Correction System 6 Inch Starter Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/members-only.html)

Thanks!! really appreciate it! any job is easy with the right tools.