PDA

View Full Version : Hydrotech vs new constant pressure flat pads

Pages : [1] 2

jcarson112
09-15-2011, 08:19 PM
For those of you who have used both, which do you like and why?

I'm in the market for new pads and want to try one of these.

kronos
09-15-2011, 09:13 PM
The comparison may be a little off because I've only tried the 4"-diameter, 1.25"-thick constant pressure pads and the 5.5" low profile hydro-tech pads. Between the two, I like the ht's more. The idea for constant pressure is nice, but I don't like how they feel when you apply pressure to them. They feel loose and squishy. Maybe it has more to do with the cp pad being 1.25" thick than the blue absorbing material, but my other 4" pads don't feel like the cp ones. That's my take.

jcarson112
09-15-2011, 09:25 PM
So the blue foam is overly spongy?

ScottB
09-15-2011, 09:27 PM
I was really into traditional flat pads and moved to Hydro-techs. I love them and really find them a good value.

T.O.C.
09-15-2011, 09:32 PM
I have been using the CP pads for almost 3 yrs. now and they have been the only pad of choice for those 3 yrs. I love them. And then recently I tried out a co-workers HT pads and liked the feel of them. Might be ordering some soon and giving them a serious try.

kronos
09-15-2011, 09:33 PM
So the blue foam is overly spongy?

I think so, but like I said, it could be because the pad is thick (1.25-inches). Maybe the lower-profiled pads would feel better.

jcarson112
09-16-2011, 01:31 AM
Well so far some good input, I'm leaning toward the HT pads but would like more input if anyone is willing.

Scott,

By value do you mean the durability of the product? Or would you say good price for their correction abilities?

tommythecat
09-16-2011, 04:05 AM
Well so far some good input, I'm leaning toward the HT pads but would like more input if anyone is willing.

Scott,

By value do you mean the durability of the product? Or would you say good price for their correction abilities?

I can not answer either question but they are also supposed to absorb less product into the pad while working. So there is value there by not wasting product. I have a couple of crimson HT's but I have not used them yet.

CEE DOG
09-16-2011, 06:13 AM
I haven't used the cp pads but had the opportunity to hold one and feel it while I was in Toms garage. After feeling them I felt it was more gimmick than function but having not used them you should probably discount my comment completely. I do love my HT pads.

PPLd
09-16-2011, 06:26 AM
What matter most to me when it come to foam pads is the pad material.
I love how soft the RED or GOLD pads feel, no matter it is flat, CCS, or CP. They are very smooth and soft. I am confident they can gently apply a very thin and even layer of product to the paint I just polished.

In comparison HT pads are slightly "firmer" than non-HT pads to my hands.

The products I have will last longer than I do... so I care more about a soft pad rather than saving some products...

silverfox
09-16-2011, 07:15 AM
Not a fan of dimples on buffing pads...maybe women, but not buffing pads.

onlycodered
09-16-2011, 07:47 AM
I was really into traditional flat pads and moved to Hydro-techs. I love them and really find them a good value.Have you had any issues with the Hydro-tech pads shredding apart at all? I really want to pick up some of these pads but I've read a lot of reviews about them shredding apart, especially the cyan one.

T.O.C.
09-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Not a fan of dimples on buffing pads...maybe women, but not buffing pads.

you can get the CP pads in flat,or CCS. either way a good pad with a little extra cushion.

mg6045
09-17-2011, 07:37 AM
I think there's a reason that AG never aggressively went after the Constant Pressure LC pads. IMO there overrated. I find the HT pads to be more balanced with less mass and they also work more efficiently.

Bunky
09-17-2011, 08:34 AM
I think there's a reason that AG never aggressively went after the Constant Pressure LC pads. IMO there overrated. I find the HT pads to be more balanced with less mass and they also work more efficiently.

I thought PAC had exclusive rights to it.