PDA

View Full Version : windshield pits

BILL
05-02-2006, 07:18 AM
I was shocked to see how my 2 year old windshield was covered with small stone chips all over, it really shows when the sun hits it, I'm very particular about my glass, and use stoner's all the time, but when i parked in the sun and really took a look i was amazed at the micro chip/stone damage

any thing out there that would help?? or is it a new windshield time..????

Thanks......:)

MikeyC
05-02-2006, 10:24 AM
My car is a little less than two years old as well. For some reason I have WAY more stone chips in the windshield than I would have expected. Every couple of months I've been using Detailer's Pride Glass polish. It seems to make them less noticeable.

Meghan
05-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Bill, if you clean them out really well they will not be as noticeable. I would recommend DP Glass Restorer or/and Diamondite. If you are getting a lot of chips get the Diamondite Shield.

BILL
05-02-2006, 11:26 AM
OK......I'll try it thanks..........:-)

ScottB
05-02-2006, 06:11 PM
you can polish them (DP Glass Polish) and protect them with a sealant, but they never seem to totally go away. Using my car daily on the highway for many years, and its one area that I cannot seem to totally repair.

BILL
05-02-2006, 06:43 PM
you can polish them (DP Glass Polish) and protect them with a sealant, but they never seem to totally go away. Using my car daily on the highway for many years, and its one area that I cannot seem to totally repair.

Thanks.....i'll just live with it and use the diamondite sheild every once in a while and hope for the best....

joe.p
05-02-2006, 07:16 PM
You can have the chips repaired if you like,i don't think it cost much..

BILL
05-02-2006, 07:42 PM
You can have the chips repaired if you like,i don't think it cost much..

Thanks joe, i was thinking about that.....the pits are so small , at first i thought they were overspray from somewhere, so i clayed the windshield with diamonite clay and polished it off, it helped a little, but there still abundant, i think that there so small that repairing them would be difficult. but i'll check it out anyway at my local glass place....

again thanks................:)