PDA

View Full Version : Megs body solvent for bugs

tw33k2514
09-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Does anyone know how well body solvent works on bugs? Have a Durango with some extremely sun baked bugs all over the bumper. Tried some OTC stuff from TW, and it did nothing. And I cannot find any tarminator locally. I've been wanting to try body solvent anyway, so I figure maybe this is a good reason to try some.

Flannigan
09-15-2011, 02:03 PM
IMO it's the worst product in Meguiar's line. IT works kinda......if you leave it on for an hour. Not worth the money IMO. PB Bug Squash works much better and is on sale if you don't want to use tarminator.

tw33k2514
09-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Would you say PB Bug Squash is better than tarminator?

SonOfOC
09-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Gone through gallons of every Meg Detailer Pro line.
Meg solvent was the only one I didn't repurchase.

Fresh bugs maybe.......sun baked and it's a no go.

WindyCity
09-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Try to soak a towel and place over the bugs and letting them soak for a for a period of time while keeping the towel wet. This will soften the bugs up a little. I have also heard wd40 works well, but you will have to rewax the area since this will strip the wax.

Personally I love surf city road trip grime destroyer, I don't know whyy but it works awsome.

fricknfrack
09-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Try foam glass cleaner. Spray on, let work for a minute, then wipe off with hot,soapy microfiber. You will also have to rewax as the above thread stated.