PDA

View Full Version : Omg

Excessive Detail
02-07-2007, 01:27 PM
It has been a while since I've looked aroung the AG website, mainly to prevent myself from spending all my money, but last noght I decided to take a look aorund, and what was the first thing I see, TWO CANS OF PINN. SOUV. FOR $95, I swear my wallet almost jumped out my back pocket. I'm really thinkin about putting my man pants on and buying it. Anyway, I do have a question for you guyz, what would be the comparison of optimum polishes to PB ssr, like is opt compound similar to ssr 2.5 And do I even need to get the Hyper Compound. Thanks.

quantim0
02-07-2007, 01:30 PM
I think that hyper compound is designed to be used with a rotary. I think that OC is similiar to XMT3 if that helps any. OC finshes down really well though.

Jimmie
02-07-2007, 01:37 PM
It has been a while since I've looked aroung the AG website, mainly to prevent myself from spending all my money, but last noght I decided to take a look aorund, and what was the first thing I see, TWO CANS OF PINN. SOUV. FOR $95, I swear my wallet almost jumped out my back pocket. I'm really thinkin about putting my man pants on and buying it. Anyway, I do have a question for you guyz, what would be the comparison of optimum polishes to PB ssr, like is opt compound similar to ssr 2.5 And do I even need to get the Hyper Compound. Thanks.

LOL LOL LOL . Laughing with you about the jumping wallet.

CalgaryDetail
02-07-2007, 01:46 PM
I would compare optimum compound to 2 or 2.5. I find they both have a nice cutting ability but nothing out of control like SSR3.
I would recomened the optimum though, it breaks down faster, dusts lest, and is easier to clean up when done. Its more user freindly, and inexpensive

just my 2cents. hope it helps

nick19
02-07-2007, 01:55 PM
I would compare optimum compound to 2 or 2.5. I find they both have a nice cutting ability but nothing out of control like SSR3.
I would recomened the optimum though, it breaks down faster, dusts lest, and is easier to clean up when done. Its more user freindly, and inexpensive

just my 2cents. hope it helps
I disagree. I find OC to be a step above SSR3. I would agree DP's SSR is much like PB's SSR 2.5

I guess I work OC longer than anything. Then again, I try different things to get my desired results. In the link below, there's some of the scratches that catch my finger nail, they're so deep! This job was meant for a rotary, but I don't own one. I pushed the PC to the limits in this one.

A 50/50 combination of OC and DP's SSR, will remove just about anything. You need to work the product for longer period of time, to get those results. At times, I can almost work OC/DP's SSR for nearly 10 minutes.

There's almost no need for HC unless you have a rotary. You need to build up lots of heat to fully break down the polishes in OC. So, I work in the sun, apply lots of pressue, work slow and TADA! My problem is gone..

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/3996-swirls-scratches-hmm.html

-Nick :cheers:

CalgaryDetail
02-07-2007, 02:32 PM
I disagree. I find OC to be a step above SSR3. I would agree DP's SSR is much like PB's SSR 2.5

I guess I work OC longer than anything. Then again, I try different things to get my desired results. In the link below, there's some of the scratches that catch my finger nail, they're so deep! This job was meant for a rotary, but I don't own one. I pushed the PC to the limits in this one.

A 50/50 combination of OC and DP's SSR, will remove just about anything. You need to work the product for longer period of time, to get those results. At times, I can almost work OC/DP's SSR for nearly 10 minutes.

There's almost no need for HC unless you have a rotary. You need to build up lots of heat to fully break down the polishes in OC. So, I work in the sun, apply lots of pressue, work slow and TADA! My problem is gone..

each to there own. I will respect your opion.

The only thing i have to disagree with is working n the sun. I know alot of people do it, and alot of products say you can but I have found the sun casues some of the oils in the products to evaporate, effecting them ever so sligtlhy, as well as if its really hot the product will dry before it can break down.

I would recomend a cover area out of direct sunlight

nick19
02-07-2007, 02:37 PM
each to there own. I will respect your opion.

The only thing i have to disagree with is working n the sun. I know alot of people do it, and alot of products say you can but I have found the sun casues some of the oils in the products to evaporate, effecting them ever so sligtlhy, as well as if its really hot the product will dry before it can break down.

That's why I almost always use half OC and half either #83, DP's MSR, or DP's SSR, or 3/4 OC 1/4 DP's Finishing Glaze, for those additional oils and longer working times.

And I would recommend using another swirl remover with OC.

-Nick

Excessive Detail
02-07-2007, 05:45 PM

Thats just what I was looking for, something that works well in the sun, and since OC takes a far amount of heat to break it down it should be perfect for what I need, and I have two full bottles of 83 to mix with it. What are your thoughts on Optimums polish, how would that compare?

supercharged
02-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Thats one deal you just can't miss out. I really doubt that Souveran is going to be this cheap again. The biggest sale I've ever seen was whe Autogeek was still selling Paste Glaz. Souveran was $49.99 at that time (on sale). Now it's $47.50 each when you buy 2. I already ordered mine.

nick19
02-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Thats just what I was looking for, something that works well in the sun, and since OC takes a far amount of heat to break it down it should be perfect for what I need, and I have two full bottles of 83 to mix with it. What are your thoughts on Optimums polish, how would that compare?

I would do 2 small "dots" of #83, and 2 small "dots" of OC on the same pad. Works wonders. DP's SSR is a bit more agressive, but #83 is a excellent product none-the-less.

OP is in the same class as #83. It's not as strong as OC, but not a level 1 polish either. OPS (poli-seal) is a great AIO polish/cleaner as well.

Optimum products are some of the better polishes out there. You won't go wrong with either, or all of them.

Take it easy..

Grimm
02-07-2007, 07:20 PM
many of us, especially with black cars, find the need for Hyper Compound. ;) Works just fine with a PC.

Excessive Detail
02-07-2007, 09:12 PM
I would do 2 small "dots" of #83, and 2 small "dots" of OC on the same pad. Works wonders. DP's SSR is a bit more agressive, but #83 is a excellent product none-the-less.

OP is in the same class as #83. It's not as strong as OC, but not a level 1 polish either. OPS (poli-seal) is a great AIO polish/cleaner as well.

Optimum products are some of the better polishes out there. You won't go wrong with either, or all of them.

Take it easy..

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try, one more question, sorry, does adding 83 affect the dusting, cause from my experince 83 dust like crazy, and one more, I promise its the last, can I still mix the two half and half in one bottle or should I just do it like you said? Thanks alot.

Excessive Detail
02-07-2007, 09:13 PM
many of us, especially with black cars, find the need for Hyper Compound. ;) Works just fine with a PC.

Now thats something to consider, cause every now and then I have to detail black cars.