PDA

View Full Version : How to apply cquartz? - complete video guide!

Pages : [1] 2

Avi@CarPro
09-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Hello everyone

many customers ask me to update the user guide video we made long time ago for cquartz,
some customers also ask for more easy guide line visually , to make it more safe and easy application.

so here it is!

this video show the complete step by step, from the rinsing to finish coating.

great thanks to Orion from AutoBling.net to find some time and take this video steps .
AutoBling.net is the biggest, most professional car detailing center in Taiwan and our official exclusive distributor for whole CarPro line products.

please watch in HD resolution!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ-P0CdGoZk]cquartz user guide 2011.wmv - YouTube[/video]

any questions are welcome.

93fox
09-15-2011, 06:14 PM
After he wiped it off, how long before you can wash it?

2kredbb6
09-15-2011, 06:56 PM

I'm guessing after 48hrs??

Great video, sure does help out alot for those who want to try this...

Rei86
09-15-2011, 07:32 PM
I have to say thank you for posting up an application video. The one thing that kind of messed up with me a bit was the whole redoing a step over and over again...also his cotton pad was falling apart all over the damn place.

Also thank god for the mute button.

and...Hangul salameh sayo?

Avi@CarPro
09-16-2011, 01:16 AM
48 hours

I have to say thank you for posting up an application video. The one thing that kind of messed up with me a bit was the whole redoing a step over and over again...also his cotton pad was falling apart all over the damn place.

Also thank god for the mute button.

and...Hangul salameh sayo? thats why you can see there small pic with the suede+applicator. each customer can choose his way, the better way is with suede wrapped the app.

redoing step over and over??? you mean washing after polish?
this is the most pro way to do it.. if you want to cut the washing after polishing.. its your choice..
we need to show the complete thorough way to apply it.

IOMCAMARO
09-16-2011, 01:18 AM
I thought eraser was created to make it so that you don't have to wash after polishing?

J504
09-16-2011, 02:33 AM
So cquartz can give a darkening effect to the paint?

Mike Phillips
09-16-2011, 09:02 AM
We pretty much followed the same process shown in the video except after machine polishing the paint we didn't re-wash the car but instead used Eraser to carefully wipe the paint down to remove any polishing residue.

The finish looks real liquid and glassy...

1994 Porsche 964 Turbo 3.6 - Modeled by Jana and Amy (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/sign-up-open-garage-classes/40652-1994-porsche-964-turbo-3-6-modeled-jana-amy-3.html)
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1257/94PorscheCTW45.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1257/94PorscheCTW46.jpg

:xyxthumbs:

kimtyson
09-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Thanks for posting the vid, Avi. It actually makes me feel like I can do the job. I know I can keep cotton from falling all over the vehicle. And was it just me or did he have water floating all over the place. Seems more forgiving than I thought. Can't wait to give it a try.

kimtyson
09-16-2011, 09:05 AM
We pretty much followed the same process shown in the video except after machine polishing the paint we didn't re-wash the car but instead used Eraser to carefully wipe the paint down to remove any polishing residue.

The finish looks real liquid and glassy...
:xyxthumbs:

Mike, did you do just paint? How about wheels and glass? (I guess I could go to the original post but I'm lazy.)

Avi@CarPro
09-16-2011, 09:56 AM
I thought eraser was created to make it so that you don't have to wash after polishing? yes its true..
as i said.. Orion in Taiwan is even more pedant in his work.. eraser after polishing would be ok as well.

So cquartz can give a darkening effect to the paint?yes, very little as you see.
you can actualy see the thickness in this video for the coat.

Thanks for posting the vid, Avi. It actually makes me feel like I can do the job. I know I can keep cotton from falling all over the vehicle. And was it just me or did he have water floating all over the place. Seems more forgiving than I thought. Can't wait to give it a try.
the cotton way is this detailer choose..
i would advise the suede MF + applicator, as i show a pic there ..
http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab275/Aquartz/Cquartz_Apllication_1.jpg

Mike Phillips
09-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Mike, did you do just paint? How about wheels and glass? (I guess I could go to the original post but I'm lazy.)

I cleaned the wheels and tires but we did not coat the wheels or dress the tires yet... I'll probably let Sam do that on his own...

:)

IID
09-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Thank You for sharing the video Avi.

I thought you mentioned in another Thread I started that the little blue CarPro MF's were NOT used for CQuartz removal?
I guess to each their own,right.

Avi@CarPro
09-17-2011, 03:13 AM
Thank You for sharing the video Avi.

I thought you mentioned in another Thread I started that the little blue CarPro MF's were NOT used for CQuartz removal?
I guess to each their own,right.
Why not??
its the same suedes as the 20cm2 and 40cm2 that AG sell
the total opposite.. its perfect for cquartz removal!!

BobbyG
09-17-2011, 05:12 AM
Written instructions are great but a video is over the top, watching someone apply it is just so much better. :props: