PDA

View Full Version : Swirl! I thought I can bare with it!

terentius
09-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Help!

I think I am sick:buffing:! haha.. the more I read in AG the more irritated I am with swirl marks

Being new to detailing : - I thought I could bare the swirl and would play it safe by using less aggressive product to "maintain" my ride. My main objective was to clean, polish and sealant the ride. Less of paint correction. I have never ever used a machine on my ride before.

My rides are rather new and have been cleaning/polish/ sealant the car every 8-12weeks. These are daily drivers.The rider is 1 yr plus old and paint condition is still good.

After reading more in AG : - I started to check for swirl and paint defects... and OMG there are swirls!!! I thought I could bare with it.. but No more!

I need advice/guidence on best to manage the swirl with my existing products? ( listed below) and also what should be my next purchase.?

I was new to this forum.. and had juz make my 2 purchases with AG in less then 3 weeks. Being green- it seems like I always left out something. :(

Some of the things I have got from AG
Klasse twins
Clay Bar
LC pads orange/green/blue/red/gold
MF
bonnets
FK

Things I have on the shelf ( what I have been using by hand for maintence)
JW prime
JW Acrylic
JW closs
Autoglym Resin Polish
Autoglym Extro Gloss protection
Meg Quick detailer

Thanks!

LegacyGT
09-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Honestly the best investment I have made to prevent swirls from coming back after I polished out my cars was the Metro Master Blaster dryer.

I swear all of my swirls were coming from drying, even when I used FK425 as a drying aid (which then made my drying towels not work very well).

dtuna42
09-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Honestly the best investment I have made to prevent swirls from coming back after I polished out my cars was the Metro Master Blaster dryer.

I swear all of my swirls were coming from drying, even when I used FK425 as a drying aid (which then made my drying towels not work very well).

Agreed! Seems to me the way you wash & dry will have the biggest impact on swirls. Personally, I guess I'm a little to lazy to pull out the blower, but I've really good results over the years with these---> Absorber 12951 17X13 Synthetic Chamois (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=absorber&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4491100119165520035&sa=X&ei=UyZyTpqaCobw0gG5rrmsCg&ved=0CDIQ8gIwAg)

Belair
09-15-2011, 11:29 AM
I use a chamois also DT since I don't have a blower; with care it works well.

embolism
09-15-2011, 12:21 PM
I see you bought pads but seems like you left out the machine?

what car?
colour?

terentius
09-15-2011, 09:57 PM
I see you bought pads but seems like you left out the machine?

what car?
colour?

I am using a Bosch random oribtal.

As PC 24x7 is 110V it cant be used in my country. I am saving up $ to get a DA maybe from meg.