PDA

View Full Version : overseas apo shipping -freezing question?

steveo3002
02-07-2007, 12:41 PM
okay guys , my friends and i are putting together a order for several hundred $ of detailing products to be shipped to a APO box in UK

i have concerns about my shipment being ruined by freezing temps:o

so assuming i wait until ground temps here in UK are above freezing..can you guarentee the products wont be exposed to ice at the airport(s) and warehouses? your online live help agent bobby suggested to wait until warmer times as the plane may freeze :confused: but seeing it gets to -50 and colder up there i assume the cargo planes are heated?? yes/no? :confused:

if for any reason my shipment got damaged/ruined/whatever am i covered for replacements the same as a US address would be?

the products im worried about freezing are polycharger and aquawax, im not sure if they ruin or not when frozen?

trhland
02-07-2007, 12:46 PM
okay guys , my friends and i are putting together a order for several hundred $ of detailing products to be shipped to a APO box in UK

i have concerns about my shipment being ruined by freezing temps:o

so assuming i wait until ground temps here in UK are above freezing..can you guarentee the products wont be exposed to ice at the airport(s) and warehouses? your online live help agent bobby suggested to wait until warmer times as the plane may freeze :confused: but seeing it gets to -50 and colder up there i assume the cargo planes are heated?? yes/no? :confused:

if for any reason my shipment got damaged/ruined/whatever am i covered for replacements the same as a US address would be?

the products im worried about freezing are polycharger and aquawax, im not sure if they ruin or not when frozen? i just ordered spray wax from 'pro' and it was frozen. so icalled up them up and they said its totoly fine just shake it up when it melts. so far so good

steveo3002
02-07-2007, 12:49 PM
yes ..some products can handle being frozen , other cannot

Meghan
02-07-2007, 01:26 PM
To answer your question, all packages are insured, but it is best for you to give it a few days to warm up a bit. There is extreme cold weather hitting the states right now too, but should be better in a couple of days. As for frozen products, a great majority of them will defrost just fine.

green_fusion
02-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Where are you stationed in the UK? (If you don't mind me asking). I'm at lakenheath.

steveo3002
02-17-2007, 05:20 AM
green fusion , pm sent

more questions to autogeek, when i place a order will you automaticly know if any items are not suitable/unable to be shipped APO?? im slightly concerned i might order something and have the army refuse it?

is the package insured for delivery to my mailbox or just the shipping hub in usa

Whitethunder46
02-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Autogeek will certaintly take care of you. I had a gallon of DG's wash and the bottle cracked because of freezing. I got a 16 oz. replacement for the little that was lossed and a new gallon container, which I was very pleased about.

steveo3002
02-22-2007, 05:39 AM
okay well ive made a small test order to see how things go :) yay more aqauwax lol