PDA

View Full Version : Should I????

Dark Knight
09-14-2011, 01:22 PM
I want to a good detail on my truck and my wifes Explorer before winter. Both vehicles are in very good shape and only have minor scratches and water etchings. My questions is should i go with the Megs 105/205 combo or get the Megs Microfiber System? If it matters the truck is white and the Explorer is siver.

storm100
09-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Go with the Megs MF system. You won't be disappointed.

ScottB
09-14-2011, 01:33 PM
both are nice choices ...

TLMitchell
09-14-2011, 01:34 PM
I want to a good detail on my truck and my wifes Explorer before winter. Both vehicles are in very good shape and only have minor scratches and water etchings. My questions is should i go with the Megs 105/205 combo or get the Megs Microfiber System? If it matters the truck is white and the Explorer is siver.

Go with the Megs MF system. You won't be disappointed.

:iagree:

The DA MF System is the easiest system to get great results, especially for the uninitated to machine polishing. On white and silver I'd expect you'll be able to go right to LSP after D300 should you elect to use something other than D301 for a final step. I personally prefer 845IW on lighter colors, perfect longevity for a pre-winter application, IMO.

TL

Dark Knight
09-14-2011, 01:44 PM
I was thinking after the 105/205 or microfiber system which ever way i decide to go i will aplly some menzerna powerlock and then top with 2 layers of 845 or 915 or 476s i have all 3 waxes. Whats everybodys opinion on that?

truckbutt
09-14-2011, 01:47 PM
I got excellent results with:
Flex 3401/Lake Country Pads
M105
M205
Blackfire White Diamond Sealant (2 coats)
Collinite 845
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/GS0F8776thb.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/GS0F8773thb.JPG

1998 Ford Explorer, Daily Driver, No Garage, NYC weather.
Since I primarily use the Flex, and I'm very happy with the results, I haven't tried the MF system.

weavers
09-14-2011, 02:55 PM
If your thinking about a DA, compound and polish do it. buy it now today. You will get amazing results. Just doing 2 or 3 cars makes it well worth the money. I went with groits DA and m105/m205 and lake country pads and now hydro pads and surbuff pads. imo with any pad and that combo you are going to get great results. check out the show and shine section you will see some 70% of people use m105/m205 and get great results.

Imo any compound/polish with a DA/rotory will get great results. the biggest thing is technique. Also white is the easy to polish. white hides alot of scratches and honestly you don't even need polish, so hard to see maring on white.

Kristopher1129
09-14-2011, 03:18 PM
105/205 will give you better end results IMO. MF system will make your life easier, but I don't think it works quite as well.

BobbyG
09-14-2011, 06:37 PM
What are you using for a polisher?

Meguiar's is one of the oldest names in the business and makes some of the finest products available today.

Meguiar's M105 and M205 are great products and when combined with the right pads and machine produces outstanding results.

About 2 years ago Meguiar's released its latest creation called Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System. It's available in 3" diameter, 5" diameter, and 6" diameter sizes.

This is a two-step process designed to correct paint without leaving any swirls- guaranteed! Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System consists of microfiber pads, DA Microfiber Correction Compound, and DA Microfiber Finishing Wax.

Personally, I would go with the Meguiar's DA Microfiber Correction System....:props:

Dark Knight
09-14-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm using a Griots DA with Lake Country pads. But if the microfiber system is guaranteed not to leave swirls and marks i'm probably better of going with it.

dtuna42
09-14-2011, 08:30 PM
I like Megs 105/205 (& NXT Gen 2.0 in this case); used on this hood recently- look at bumper by the sun reflection to get an idea of what the before shot would have looked like if I would have thought ahead and taken one.. Almost completely removed hard water spots. Of course can't remove the chips and sand-blast, but even those look better...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/06_mustang_sep_2011_2crop.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/35933)

tommythecat
09-14-2011, 09:46 PM
I'm using a Griots DA with Lake Country pads. But if the microfiber system is guaranteed not to leave swirls and marks i'm probably better of going with it.

Not a single swirl or scratch after using the MF system on my car. I was even able to get a few deeper scratches out using the "edging the pad" technique. The only thing that didn't come out was some real bad water spotting. I could have gotten them out edging the pad but I would have to do that on the whole car and I wasn't feeling up to that!

shoeless89
09-15-2011, 07:08 AM
I would get 105/205 because it will be much more versatile in the future. But you can't go wrong with either.