PDA

View Full Version : Removing Klasse HGSG to apply Cquartz? Also... preparing new car?

Sonnie
09-13-2011, 04:33 PM
I recently applied KAIO and HGSG to a car we have, then waxed it with Autoglym HD. I now want to remove the Klasse wax, sealant and then apply Cquartz instead. What is the best product to use to remove what I need to remove?

Also... I have 2011 BMW 528i arriving in a few weeks... fresh off the boat. Do I need to do anything other than wash it before I apply Cquartz?

Thanks!

shoeless89
09-13-2011, 04:40 PM
As far as removing wax/sealants I would say Dawn with some APC. It might take a couple washes. I'm not really sure about any good specific products for this, I'm sure someone else can chime it with some suggestions.

Even though it's fresh off the boat I would still wash and clay before hand. Check for swirls before you apply also, even though its new who knows what touches the paint before you get it. Tell the dealership not to even LOOK at the car. Tell them you don't want it washed or anything before you get it and not to put their dealership sticker on there unless they give you $200 a month for advertising for them :)

Sonnie
09-13-2011, 04:44 PM
I am not sure they are going to want to deliver a car without at least washing it when it comes off the truck... no? Or maybe it has all that sheathing over it, so it won't be dirty.

shoeless89
09-13-2011, 04:46 PM
It doesn't matter if they want to lol I would tell them I am paying and I don't want you to wash it (aka mess it up)

Jons6.7
09-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Where it me on the new car I would ask them to call me when they know what day/time its coming in on and meet them there and take if straight from the truck to your house.

We all know that no one cares about your stuff as much as you do, if your going to bother at all why not go all the way.

Sonnie
09-13-2011, 07:54 PM
10-4... got that resolved. My good friend and manager at the dealership has be covered. They will PDI the car, but no washing will be done. He fully understands.

So... do I need to do anything other than wash it before I apply Cquartz?

Also... still curious about how to remove the recently applied KAIO, HGSG and Autoglym HD on another car we have.

Thanks!

99 Civic
09-13-2011, 08:35 PM
I would try griots paint prep to remove the products. http://www.autogeek.net/griots-paint-prep.html

Sonnie
09-13-2011, 08:40 PM
That appears to remove wax and polysilicones, but I wonder about the HGSG. I would think it would need more than this to remove it, but that is me thinking what I don't know.