PDA

View Full Version : Kobalt 5-Gallon Wet/Dry

Pages : [1] 2

muscle
09-13-2011, 11:27 AM
I see a lot of people like the Kobalt 5-gallon wet/dry. Is this vacuum powerful enough for cleaning carpets and drying vehicles?

Rav777
09-13-2011, 01:44 PM
It has the ability to suck water. It has 5 horsepower for such a small unit so it is plenty if power to extract water. I have a myteee extractor so I use that most of the time. The Kobalt is a great all around vacuum IMO.

Jons6.7
09-13-2011, 01:50 PM
I think it sucks, and blows for that matter.:nomore:
Sorry had to say it.

5Toes
09-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Consumer Reports says this RIDGID professional 14 gallon model is best.

I want a fein turbo :(

richy
09-13-2011, 06:05 PM
The PF51 is an amazing, very powerful wet dry vac. I did a review of it on here:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/35123-pf51-wet-dry-vac-review.html

offthahorseceo
09-13-2011, 06:46 PM
i have the kobalt, i love it. you guys say youve used it as an extractor? hmmmm, hmmmmmm.....

btw mine is a wall mount 5hp unit with a remote that mounts near the end of the hose, is that the one youre talking about?

Vjeszczi
09-13-2011, 07:52 PM
The PF51 is an amazing, very powerful wet dry vac. I did a review of it on here:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/35123-pf51-wet-dry-vac-review.html

:iagree:

I picked up one based off of Richy's review, one of the better investments that I have made.

Ted S.
09-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Consumer Reports says this RIDGID professional 14 gallon model is best.

I want a fein turbo :(

I don't listen to consumer reports any more.

shrtbull
09-13-2011, 10:35 PM
I have used it as a blower, when my leaf blower went down. It worked ok, I just got tired of switching back and forth. I finally got a new leaf blower. I love the vac part of it.

Gary

richy
09-14-2011, 07:28 PM
:iagree:

I picked up one based off of Richy's review, one of the better investments that I have made.

I'm delighted you like yours as much as I do mine!

cutter
09-14-2011, 07:36 PM
i have the kobalt, i love it. you guys say youve used it as an extractor? hmmmm, hmmmmmm.....

btw mine is a wall mount 5hp unit with a remote that mounts near the end of the hose, is that the one youre talking about?

This is the one that's being talked about...I have one and while I haven't used it as an extractor it does have plenty of suction.

If you do use it for water extraction, take it off the wall mount first because of the extra weight added by the water could pull it down.

muscle
09-15-2011, 11:41 AM
I bought a used one off Freekin Kleen (Jeremy) yesterday. I think I'm going to like it a lot.

Jeremy was great to work with and communicated very well. Seems to be a real good guy.

mjc189
11-21-2011, 07:51 PM
sorry to bump and old thread but how do you get one?!...I tried 3 different Lowes in 2 states and they didn't have them. When I asked if I could order they said no. Online I can add it to my cart but then it says unavailable!

richy
11-21-2011, 08:32 PM
sorry to bump and old thread but how do you get one?!...I tried 3 different Lowes in 2 states and they didn't have them. When I asked if I could order they said no. Online I can add it to my cart but then it says unavailable!

Take a serious look at that PF51. Not a day goes by that I'm not glad I bought it!

Executive Detail
11-21-2011, 09:48 PM
I bought a used one off Freekin Kleen (Jeremy) yesterday. I think I'm going to like it a lot.

Jeremy was great to work with and communicated very well. Seems to be a real good guy.

Thanks for the compliment! I didn't realize you posted this until it just got bumped and didn't want to ignore it once I read it.

Thanks again!! Hope it's still working out great for ya.