PDA

View Full Version : Nuba glow?

Pages : [1] 2

lkotsios
09-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Nuba glow what is it? Is that just a nice way of saying less shine than a sealant. Dont we all want the best possible shine?

Flannigan
09-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Carnuba waxes IMO give a much deeper wetter look than sealants. Sealants look like a hard candy shell on a car to me, and I don't care for that look. I want to look at a black car and see a mile deep into the paint. It's a little hard to explain, but it's rather easy to tell the difference in person. Just my .02.

One more thing, is nuba glow tends to be more noticeable on non-metallic colors. Especially black and red.

lkotsios
09-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Carnuba waxes IMO give a much deeper wetter look than sealants. Sealants look like a hard candy shell on a car to me, and I don't care for that look. I want to look at a black car and see a mile deep into the paint. It's a little hard to explain, but it's rather easy to tell the difference in person. Just my .02.

One more thing, is nuba glow tends to be more noticeable on non-metallic colors. Especially black and red.
Which Nuba will give me that ultimate deep glow on red vette besides midnight sun?

Dr Oldz
09-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Daves answer above nailed it. I find sealants (generically speaking) tend to give the appearance that the shine is on the paint, while nubas tend to give the apperance that the shine is in the paint giving that warm glow, producing a 3D effect.

With technology ever increasing, sealants have really come a long way and are really looking better IMO. No matter what you choose to use as your LSP, the real factor in paint's apperance is the prep and polishing stage. A LSP is only a very tiny part of the overall look.

lkotsios
09-13-2011, 10:10 AM
Daves answer above nailed it. I find sealants (generically speaking) tend to give the appearance that the shine is on the paint, while nubas tend to give the apperance that the shine is in the paint giving that warm glow, producing a 3D effect.

With technology ever increasing, sealants have really come a long way and are really looking better IMO. No matter what you choose to use as your LSP, the real factor in paint's apperance is the prep and polishing stage. A LSP is only a very tiny part of the overall look.
Whats your top nuba for red?

Dr Oldz
09-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Whats your top nuba for red?

Top in what department? looks, durability, ease of application, slickness??

lkotsios
09-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Top in what department? looks, durability, ease of application, slickness??
Looks only.

Dr Oldz
09-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Looks only.

Considering you have it properly polished, I would reach for. Souveran, Dodo PH Pro, Dodo Rainforest Rub, Collinite 915, BF MS ot Migliore Primo that I just tried on black and looks awesome, so I bet that would turn out awesome on your red vette.

Check out this review on Primo. Great look but a little work required.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/40889-review-migliore-primo.html

DaC
09-13-2011, 10:26 AM
I was also wondering that... I also have a red car and collinite 885 is my lsp but it doesn't has a nice contrast with this color... I have a cheap cleaner wax that gets better look, but it isn't even close in durability to collinite's...

Bobby B.
09-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Looks only.

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax is amazing on Red

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2175_59666105 (javascript:changeImg('imgmainimg0',imgmainimg0lar ge,document.getElementById('imgplaceholder'));)

lkotsios
09-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Considering you have it properly polished, I would reach for. Souveran, Dodo PH Pro, Dodo Rainforest Rub, Collinite 915, BF MS ot Migliore Primo that I just tried on black and looks awesome, so I bet that would turn out awesome on your red vette.

Check out this review on Primo. Great look but a little work required.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/40889-review-migliore-primo.html
Have you ever tried victoria red wax?

Dr Oldz
09-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Have you ever tried victoria red wax?

Yes

lkotsios
09-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Yes
Whats your opinion on V red?

Lasthope05
09-13-2011, 10:42 AM
On solid reds, blues, and blacks, there is not better than Meguiars gold class plus strictly in terms of looks. Souveran, Fusion, Midnight Sun, Dodo PH/RR, Victoria Concours. I have them all and Megs GC+ outdoes them all in terms of dark rich wet looks.

To answer your question, Vics Concours gives off a look in between a glossy sealant and warm wax.

Good prep is the deciding factor of how good your car will look. Polish your paint to perfection and almost everything will look good on it. Wax/sealants are just the icing on the cake.

rfinkle2
09-13-2011, 10:42 AM
DP Max Wax looks great also.