PDA

View Full Version : If you could guarantee a head light resto for 5 years what would you charge.

Pages : [1] 2

ShineTimeDetail
09-13-2011, 12:09 AM
If you had a process to restore head lights and not have the cloud or fog up for a 'guaranteed 5 years', what would you charge? I charge $65 per pair now but I don't guaranteed anything. I'm looking into a new system and I'm looking for a new price.

southbeach
09-13-2011, 02:20 AM
I charge $100 for a pair of headlight....I give lifetime warranty....so far I only had to redo 3....I been doing it for 4yrs now...

93fox
09-13-2011, 03:18 AM
the only thing that you could probably use to guarantee that much years would be actual clear. Not cheap aerosol clear, i mean some PPG 2021 clear! You'd have to remove em and shoot em on a side with a good gun to not get that much orange peel. Hell, while your at it you could offer headlight and tail light tinting. Just drop some black in the clear and tint the lights. Whats good about this, is that you can choose from how light to how dark you want them. At a body shop i used to work at, they restored headlights and they cleared them. They charged around $180. To tint tail lights and such things, they would charge up to $250. Yes i know, thats expensive, but people payed for it left and right. It sure will be one of the things i will offer once i get my shop! :xyxthumbs:

kimtyson
09-13-2011, 09:10 AM
I think it all depends on what the market can bear. $100 in your market may be equal to $200 in another market. Have you checked around to see what others in your area charge? In my market, $80-100 would be fair. Since you currently charge 65, I would think lifetime guarantee at 100 seems good. It also leaves room for discounts.

ShineTimeDetail
09-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Lol I was thinking $150 with room for discounts!

yakky
09-13-2011, 10:24 AM
So what type of guarantee is it? The sort the you'll get it redone for free if it fails, and most will just forget about? Or the type that will have you paying for new lights?

Setec Astronomy
09-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Are you going to tell us what the process is?

kimtyson
09-13-2011, 11:29 AM
So what type of guarantee is it? The sort the you'll get it redone for free if it fails, and most will just forget about? Or the type that will have you paying for new lights?

That's a good question. I was only thinking of a redo but a customer may insist on replacement. That would be a whole different story.

Are you going to tell us what the process is?

He will tell us but then he has to kill us.

Setec Astronomy
09-13-2011, 12:06 PM
I was only thinking of a redo but a customer may insist on replacement. That would be a whole different story.

What?? How could a customer possibly insist on a replacement headlight if he only refinished it? That's like buying a used car with a warranty to get a new car if it breaks down...well, not exactly. How about that's like a customer having a swirled car and having it polished and expecting a new paint job if the car requires polishing again?

Tundra1316
09-13-2011, 12:41 PM
I wouldnt guarantee anything for 5 years on a vehicle especially on headlights or tail lights in this day of age . You should have a guarantee of 3 years, and charge $100, with money back.
Example: I have seen a brand new fully loaded 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 pick up truck, with fog in the tail lights, with Dealer plates on.

yakky
09-13-2011, 12:50 PM
What?? How could a customer possibly insist on a replacement headlight if he only refinished it?

Oh, if he does, it'll happen. I'm sure you've read of crazier stories.

I wouldnt guarantee anything for 5 years on a vehicle especially on headlights or tail lights in this day of age .

Meh, what's to lose, you offer a free redo. Most people will have sold the car by then anyway.

FUNX650
09-13-2011, 01:14 PM
If all you would offer me is a measly 5 year guarantee, I'd have to think about going to these guys! :D

__________________________________________________ __

What sets Doctor Headlight apart from the other guys?
TWO THINGS...

1. UNMATCHED WRITTEN 100% LIKE NEW GUARANTEE
Only Doctor Headlight guarantees to restore any headlight to out-of-the-box like new condition regardless of their current condition.
2. UNMATCHED WRITTEN REPLACEMENT WARRANTY
Only Doctor Headlight guarantees your restoration to last a LIFETIME without the reoccurrence of any yellowing or oxidation. Should your headlights ever re-yellow, we will buy you brand new headlights. PERIOD...

Doctor Headlight’s system is not a cleaner; it is a propriatery process that goes beyond all current conventional polishing and kit based cleaning processes to address external issues that were previously impossible to correct. Rock chips, sand pitting, dry cracks, oxidation, and tarnishing can now be corrected, and lenses can be restored to 100% like new condition.

Our assembly repairs ® process can now address and permanently repair internal issues such as internal water damage, internal HID haze, failed seals, and internal condensation. Unlike most other shops and services we don't use cheap kits, and each Doctor Headlight technician is certified in headlight repair. Every prospective technician receives a comprehensive training in the application and use of our patented formulas and equipment. In addition, each technician carries a two million dollar commercial-general liability insurance policy against any property damages and warranties.

Here at Doctor Headlight we believe if the restoration did not work the first time, what’s going to make the second time any different? "Get the job done right the first time, Call the Doctor."

Nationwide support with quarterly check-ups to insure your headlight looks as good entering your fourth year of warranty as your first.

Our process - We guarantee to restore any headlight regardless of its current condition to out-of-the-box like new condition. We also offer the industry's only lifetime replacement warranty, a guarantee no other service is willing to put in writing.

Q.I paid someone to clean my lights with a kit a few weeks ago and now they look terrible, can you correct the problem?
A.Yes, our technicians are trained in headlight repair and correction. We correct the botched restorations everyday and restore those headlights to pristine like new finishes.

Q.Why do headlight lenses cloud and yellow?
A.Most headlight lenses are made of polycarbonate. The polycarbonate lenses have a .03 mil thick coating to protect the lens from the environment. Once this barrier weakens and wears, the lenses are exposed. Daily exposure to road debris, chemicals, vehicle exhaust and UV rays result in the pitting and yellowing of the surface the polycarbonate lens. In most cases the polycarbonate will dry out and begin to craze, or crack. Companies who "buff" or "polish" headlights simply reseal the lenses with wax which wears off after a few months leaving them prone to getting even more yellow than before. DON'T BUFF YOUR LIGHTS... RELENS THEM! {Is this a new "buzz word"?}

Q.Is any of the cloudiness inside the lenses?
A.Yes, generally 40% of all headlight assemblies have cloudiness that is within the light assembly itself. Often dealerships, detailers, or repair shops, will claim you need to buy new headlights once they have cleaned the lenses and notice they have condensation or HID haze within them. Services often lie to customers and claim expensive replacement is their only alternative, this is simply not true. We can dry, clean and reseal any headlight Failed assembly -- Guaranteed New or It's Free!

Q.How long does the restoration last?
A.Doctor Headlight offers the industry's only LIFETIME REPLACEMENT WARRANTY. No other product or service is willing to offer a replacement warranty.

Q.Can you restore all headlights lenses?
A.Absolutely! Unlike all of our competitors, we can restore both polycarbonate and glass lenses.

Q.I found several restoration kits on the internet and at auto part stores. Do any of these work?
A.NO - Used car dealers use this cheap "stick it to the buyers" process. Others "buff" the headlights clean enough the purchaser doesn't notice. Buffing/polishing or kits only last a few months, but that's all time the dealer needs to sell you that lemon. Remember, once it leaves the lot, it your problem! If you are considering the purchase of a used car over three years old and the lenses seem in ok, chances are they have been previously cleaned, ask your dealer for a multiple year replacement warranty before you purchase the car. This will eliminate you incurring any future replacement cost.
__________________________________________________ __

Tough act to follow...Or are these guys just full of it or what!

Bob

Setec Astronomy
09-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Meh, what's to lose, you offer a free redo. Most people will have sold the car by then anyway.

Yeah, if they still have the car they will have lost the receipt or forgot who did it, anyway. The guys at that highway Goodyear dealer used to hate me when I would come in for my "lifetime" alignment, but they got me back--they never did anything to it anyway! It's not until you go to a place that REALLY does an alignment that you realize they never do anything at those tire shops...and why they always have time to get you on the alignment rack no matter how crowded the shop seems to be...

bigaizsosexy
09-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Yeah, if they still have the car they will have lost the receipt or forgot who did it, anyway. The guys at that highway Goodyear dealer used to hate me when I would come in for my "lifetime" alignment, but they got me back--they never did anything to it anyway! It's not until you go to a place that REALLY does an alignment that you realize they never do anything at those tire shops...and why they always have time to get you on the alignment rack no matter how crowded the shop seems to be...

I know, I have seen this first hand at PEP BOYS hhahaha

Setec Astronomy
09-13-2011, 02:08 PM
The place I go takes 45 mins to do an alignment--and they won't do it without an appointment.