PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Colorchip shelf life?

mcpp66
09-12-2011, 09:52 PM
I have some Dr. Colorchip from October of 2010 and I just received my first rock chip on my trunk lid of all places :cry:. Needless to say I'm not happy! Anyhow, I have plenty left, but since it's almost a year old I wonder if I should just get a new bottle. What do you guys think?

Garry Dean
09-12-2011, 09:58 PM
I have some Dr. Colorchip from October of 2010 and I just received my first rock chip on my trunk lid of all places :cry:. Needless to say I'm not happy! Anyhow, I have plenty left, but since it's almost a year old I wonder if I should just get a new bottle. What do you guys think?

Shake it up and fill your chip. It is fine.

CEE DOG
09-12-2011, 10:01 PM
As long as you sealed it properly it is fine after shaking it thoroughly. When you close the lid put a little something on the rim. I used a dot of olive oil. Just be sure not to let any get inside. This will allow the lid to open easy again in another year.

Hoytman
09-12-2011, 10:12 PM
A light coating of chapstick on the rim of the bottle should allow you to re-open the bottle after storage with little chance of product contamination.

mcpp66
09-12-2011, 10:18 PM
I hope I sealed it properly, I guess I really don't know? I closed the lid very tightly. This is a major bummer for me, this makes me want to go out and get a new, light-colored Camaro now.

Garry Dean
09-12-2011, 10:28 PM
I hope I sealed it properly, I guess I really don't know? I closed the lid very tightly. This is a major bummer for me, this makes me want to go out and get a new, light-colored Camaro now.

Any excuse to run out and buy a new car is a good one! Let us know how things turn out.

mcpp66
09-12-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm going to wait for the ZL1 to be released, then I'll consider getting a new one. Probably white or silver, won't be as beautiful as black, but at least I can drive it and not quite worry so much.

MI Mike
09-13-2011, 06:42 AM
A light coating of chapstick on the rim of the bottle should allow you to re-open the bottle after storage with little chance of product contamination.

:iagree:

You may see the product separate into layers, but if you mix it really really good it should get you by another year. Buy some Collinite 845 for practice !! Hee Hee !!