PDA

View Full Version : Stoner Trim Shine question

K58
02-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Hey all
new to the forum and I need some answers from the experts
does anyone use the Trim Shine?
I have a Jeep Cherokee that is notorious for funky, faded looking trim and I was told this stuff might work long term
How would you rate this product?
Any negatives?
Thanks in Advance!

Jimmie
02-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Yes, I used it on my leaf blower tube. To start the hard, black plastic tube on my ECHO looked teribble. I cleaned it with DP Exterior, then sprayed it with Stoner Trim Shine. Looked terrific instantly. As soon as the spray hits the plastic it turns more black and shiney with no greasy feel. Now the downside; it attracts dirt like crazy. Maybe because it's a leaf blower, and stirs up the dirt and dust but who knows. I say that the jury is still out on STS.

Surfer
02-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Haven't used it but I would go for Poorboys Trim Restorer, and even Duragloss #201 which works great on trim even though it wasn't meant for it, Duragloss also has trim/rubber products that I'm sure are excellent like their other stuff. Black Again gets great reviews as well. Those I mentioned won't run in the rain either, with Trim Restorer though, apply lightly then let sit and then buff, and keep doing so till you ge tthe look you want w/o any excess product left over.

99 hardtop
02-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Hey all
new to the forum and I need some answers from the experts
does anyone use the Trim Shine?
I have a Jeep Cherokee that is notorious for funky, faded looking trim and I was told this stuff might work long term
How would you rate this product?
Any negatives?
Thanks in Advance!

Have used it several times and pleased with results. Also use it on the engine compartment. leaves a clean shine. Not greasy look. :cheers: Im the MAN