PDA

View Full Version : Product Suggestions - Looking to save money

Pages : [1] 2

muscle
09-12-2011, 02:38 PM
I have been using Meg OTC products (Ult Comp, ColorX, cleaner wax, Ult Wax, Ult det spray, Ult spray wax), armor all glass cleaner, Black tire magic foam, and turtle wax protectant for the inside. We have four cars to keep up and OTC products are getting expensive. I would like to buy bulk / concentrates on as much as possible.

I've decided on the following:

Megs APC+ - use on tougher issues... wheels, tires, plastic, glass, carpet, leather
Folex - carpets
Ultima Waterless Wash Plus (replace Meg Ult detail spray) - use on everything
Duragloss 901 shampoo
Meg Ult spray wax (gonna stick with this)
Meg Ultimate Leather Conditioner

I need recommendations for the following. If possible, I'd like to purchase bulk:

Inside plastic dressing - I like a little shine
Tire dressing - Again, I like a little shine
Wheel sealant - We have chrome, painted / clear coat, and hub caps
Compound / Cleaner and Wax / Sealer - While I like the Meg OTC products, I would like to try something new. Once I finish getting all the paint issues corrected, unless something is damaged, I shouldn't need a strong compound. So maybe a mild compound / swirl mark remover and sealant. I use a PC 7424XP. I'm thinking something a step up from the Meg OTC I've been using.
External trim dressing - I have Forever Black and will apply to everything that will take it. I need something to maintain color / UV protection.

Thanks in advance!

FussMan
09-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Have you tryed the "search" feature of this site? ; lots of good info for all the things you mentioned. You know the old saying, " if he learns to fish he will never go hungry"

Oh, I am sure others will give you a more definitive answer.

good luck

Fussman

muscle
09-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Have you tryed the "search" feature of this site? ; lots of good info for all the things you mentioned. You know the old saying, " if he learns to fish he will never go hungry"

Oh, I am sure others will give you a more definitive answer.

good luck

Fussman

I sure have, FussMan. Lots of good stuff comes up too. That is how I settled on the first list. However, I'm looking for products that are as good or better than what I'm using today, but will cost me less. I don't really want to buy multiple products to test, if possible. I am hoping that someone that has experience with my current products can give me some direction. Thank you, I appreciate your help.

dad07
09-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Optimum Protectant plus.

Opti-bond (neat) for sheen

Coli-845 for whells and paint protection

Megs 105/205 or the Megs Mf system for compounding and polishing

Ultima Tire and Trim Guard for external trim

Just some things I use alot of!

Hope this helps a little.

opie_7afe
09-12-2011, 04:49 PM
the meguiars detailer line is great stuff i use the APC+ and works great on interiors and on wheels and tires. interior i dilute 20:1 or 10:1 for wheels+tires i use it 4:1 but at 4:1 the price per use is higher so i got some purple power for another degreaser product also..for waxes and polishes i use the mirror glaze line(at the moment) but am about to purchase some optimum products to see how they work out for me..also for interior protectant i would get some detailers pro interior protectant, this stuff is awesome and lasts a good while, has a little shine but not a lot and the smell is great. mmmm bananas!..remember before you buy bulk products buy something smaller just in case you don't like it. because if you don't like it you can always trade it for something else to try.. good luck in your search..

umi000
09-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Regarding the Meg's Ultimate Quik Wax, there's actually a Professional Detailer line version available - same product with a different scent (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?46206-Synthetic-X-Press-Spray-Wax&p=440949&viewfull=1#post440949). It is, however, available in gallons, so you could save by getting that instead. The product name is Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-xpress-spray-wax.html).

Jimmie
09-13-2011, 12:28 AM
DP fits the bill to give a little shine for interior protectant and tire gel.

SonOfOC
09-13-2011, 12:38 AM
Really look into Meguiars Detailers line. They come in gallons, work very well and are super economical.

Last Touch QD, APC+, Body Solvent, Hyper Dressing, Glass Cleaner, X Syn Spray wax, are all top notch. Throw in a gallon of ONR while your at it.

Buying products for (4) cars can add up really fast with those 16oz OTC bottles!

muscle
09-15-2011, 05:41 AM
Thanks, everyone. I think I've decided on the list below. I'm all set on compound / wax for now. I think I'll be more than satisfied with these products and save money along the way.

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus
Duragloss 901 shampoo
Optimum Spray Car Wax
Meg glass cleaner
CarPro PERL (I was going to get UTTG, but I like the reviews of PERL)
Meg APC+
Purple Power
Folex
Meg Ultimate Leather Conditioner (for now)

shoeless89
09-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Inside plastic dressing - 303 Aerospace

Tire dressing - Optimum Opti-Bond

Wheel sealant - Opti-Coat 2.0

Compound / Cleaner and Wax / Sealer - Meguiar's M105/205, Griots
Pre-Wax Cleaner, Collinite 845/Menzerna Power Lock

External trim dressing - Ultima Tire & Trim Guard

cutter
09-15-2011, 07:34 AM
Thanks, everyone. I think I've decided on the list below. I'm all set on compound / wax for now. I think I'll be more than satisfied with these products and save money along the way.

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus
Duragloss 901 shampoo
Optimum Spray Car Wax
Meg glass cleaner
CarPro PERL (I was going to get UTTG, but I like the reviews of PERL)
Meg APC+
Purple Power
Folex
Meg Ultimate Leather Conditioner (for now)

For the interior shine and tire shine, Meg's Hyper-Dressing is a great product and can be diluted to whatever degree shine you desire. More shine use less water, more of a matte finish use more water, this is a real money saver.

Meg's APC+ is a very good product also, but I found that Optimum Power Clean does a better job, JMO...

Duragloss 901 is a good selection too, check local auto supply stores you may get lucky and find it at a much cheaper price.

Can't beat Folex IMO!!!

BobbyG
09-15-2011, 08:33 AM
I need recommendations for the following. If possible, I'd like to purchase bulk:

Inside plastic dressing - I like a little shine
Tire dressing - Again, I like a little shine
Wheel sealant - We have chrome, painted / clear coat, and hub caps
Compound / Cleaner and Wax / Sealer - While I like the Meg OTC products, I would like to try something new. Once I finish getting all the paint issues corrected, unless something is damaged, I shouldn't need a strong compound. So maybe a mild compound / swirl mark remover and sealant. I use a PC 7424XP. I'm thinking something a step up from the Meg OTC I've been using.
External trim dressing - I have Forever Black and will apply to everything that will take it. I need something to maintain color / UV protection.

Thanks in advance!

Meguiar's Detailer's Line is the most economical and is supplied in gallons only.

Meguiars Professional Detailer Products (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-professional-products.html)

This line offers product that satisfy every requirement you've listed above so this is my suggestion to you.

DRT BRD
09-15-2011, 08:42 AM
The detailer line from Meguiars is great and what I use most often. Alot of tried and true products but be sure to broaden your horizon and try other great products too!

BimmerFerret
09-15-2011, 11:01 AM
I use the Meg's Detailer Line products as well. Hyper dressing, wheel brightener, APC, etc. You control the strength so the flexibility is amazing especially with what you pay in price. I bought this stuff two years ago and I'm still using it!

BimmerFerret
09-15-2011, 11:08 AM
I don't mean to double post, but what would be a good Meg's glaze to apply before I apply wax? Should I shoot for something with a light cut in it?

I see M0716, M0616, etc.

Would love some pointers. I'm sure the OP wouldn't mind knowing too :D