PDA

View Full Version : So many choices, so many steps!

blitzed310
02-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Ok, I keep going back and forth about what products to get and if the steps I’m doing are even worth it. I have a feeling that I might be overdoing the steps and the products I want to use.

So please bare with me. I have to do things right, so until I am confident in my choices I’m going to bug you guys here.

First off Polish.

I want to get the Klasse AIO, but is this necessary if I choose to get either the XMT or the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover & Advanced Finishing Polish. OR would I be better off using the Menzorna FP-II (yes, I know this is not supported here).

So this leads to my second question, is it wise to get the XMT line over the Pinnacle ASR & AFP? Is the difference negligible? I think I would rather just go with the ASR & AFP over the XMT line.

Next question is sealants, which I am sure is a matter of opinion. I am debating over the Wolfgang Deep Gloss, or the Klasse SG. Any reason to choose one over the other?

This is the process I have in mind. I have to do this to 4 cars. All metallics, no dark colors, except for a charcoal metallic.

Wash car
Use Mothers Clay
Use either Menzerna FPII, XMT, or Pinnacle ASR with Orange pad or Black pad
Use Klasse AIO with White pad
Use either Wolfgang Deep Gloss or Klasse SG with Grey pad
Finish it off with Pinnacle SII by hand, apply, reapply, and reapply

Does this seem logical, or should I eliminate or include a step.

Thanks so much for the help, my apologies for being redundant. Just ignore my OCD ;)

Truls
02-06-2007, 07:05 PM
I do like the XMT series, and have used that with the DuraGloss #101 on top. that is a g-o-o-d polish/cleaner, serious wet look. i toped that again with the Duragloss #105 and then Pinnacle liquid souveran with very good result. Car gets clean in the rain;)

This is WAY off what you asked, but using aint the problem its chosing.

But: XMT+klasse AIO+Klasse SG+Pinnacle SII does sound like a great deal too.

abrcrombe
02-06-2007, 07:09 PM
For you... XMT as your polishes and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant.

Gary Sword
02-06-2007, 07:29 PM
If do all the steps you have listed with any combination of the products listed you should have very nice results.

P1et
02-06-2007, 10:36 PM
I like all the steps you have listed above, but would probably use a different clay instead of Mothers. I use Pinnacle Ultra Poly and it's fantastic. Nice and soft, great for nice paint like yours.

wytstang
02-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Ok, I keep going back and forth about what products to get and if the steps I’m doing are even worth it. I have a feeling that I might be overdoing the steps and the products I want to use.

So please bare with me. I have to do things right, so until I am confident in my choices I’m going to bug you guys here.

First off Polish.

I want to get the Klasse AIO, but is this necessary if I choose to get either the XMT or the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover & Advanced Finishing Polish. OR would I be better off using the Menzorna FP-II (yes, I know this is not supported here).

So this leads to my second question, is it wise to get the XMT line over the Pinnacle ASR & AFP? Is the difference negligible? I think I would rather just go with the ASR & AFP over the XMT line.

Next question is sealants, which I am sure is a matter of opinion. I am debating over the Wolfgang Deep Gloss, or the Klasse SG. Any reason to choose one over the other?

This is the process I have in mind. I have to do this to 4 cars. All metallics, no dark colors, except for a charcoal metallic.

Wash car
Use Mothers Clay-ClayMagic clay abvailable at Advance auto, Autozone and AG
Use either Menzerna FPII, XMT, or Pinnacle ASR with Orange pad or Black pad-Considered Optimum? if not XMT for polishing
Use Klasse AIO with White pad
Use either Wolfgang Deep Gloss or Klasse SG with Grey pad
Finish it off with Pinnacle SII by hand, apply, reapply, and reapply

Does this seem logical, or should I eliminate or include a step.

Thanks so much for the help, my apologies for being redundant. Just ignore my OCD ;)
Highlighted my .02 :cheers:

JSR
02-07-2007, 11:53 PM
Blitzed
Sounds like you are into info overload time. Best recommendation is pick one and get good with it. I don't think you will be dissapointed. With four cars you will want others soon enough. There is no 'best' combo except for the one that pleases you and you will have to try them yourself.
They are all good products, even the Mothers clay is OK if you already have it. I have not tried the Pinacle/XMT polishes but they do get good reviews here. Remember the 50/50 iso-alchohol wipe down after polish and AIO before SG.
Good Luck and post pics

blitzed310
02-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Well I have been lagging big time. School and work have been consuming me. But I believe I am about to make the plunge. This is a pretty big step for me as far as detailing goes. My gf rolls her eyes at me when she sees me on this forum and I got an ear full when she saw what was in my cart.

I still have to get the 7424, so it looks like I'll be working OT this week so I dont drain my funds completly.

This is my cart as of today. I should not read anymore about AG's products.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/blitzed310/cart1.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/blitzed310/cart2.jpg

abrcrombe
02-20-2007, 02:38 AM
Looks good Blitzed! Just send it to my house directly from AG ok? I'll PM you my shipping info ;)

In all seriousness, it looks like you have an AWESOME start to this game... good luck and don't blame us when it becomes addictive.