PDA

View Full Version : Hiya! New member from India

k_ajay
09-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Hello passionate detailers,

Greetings from India! I'm Ajay Karthick and I've just recently started to focus on 'detailing' my car from the washing and polishing I used to do much earlier. I'd learnt about claying a few weeks prior and after claying the car, I cannot explain how stunned I was at the smooth and even the car's surface had become [of course, not taking into account the umpteen scratches and nicks]. I could say you have no idea how difficult it is to see a car's surface smooth and clear off contaminants, in the Indian road conditions [where dust and dirt is inevitable on roads].

I'm excited to be a part of this forum where I've been reading up so much and clearing my head about products and concepts of detailing. Found it better to be on the inside so joined up today.

Hope to be amongst these pages often seeking help [giving any would seem way far away, lol].. Some of you may have interacted with my friends from India, namely Sohail99, Nirmaljustdoit, etc..

Cheers and g'day everyone. :props:

ajay Karthick
[aK]

Mike Phillips
09-12-2011, 08:19 AM
Hi Ajay,

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

Keeping a car clean and shiny when you have to drive on roads that are dirt is a challenge but there's a great collection of members here willing to help wit tips and suggestions!

:welcome:

Meghan
09-12-2011, 09:11 AM

k_ajay
09-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Hi Ajay,

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

Keeping a car clean and shiny when you have to drive on roads that are dirt is a challenge but there's a great collection of members here willing to help wit tips and suggestions!

Thank you Mike. It's wonderful to be here.

Yes, I certainly see that the forum has overwhelming amount of information, to help detailing newbies and pros alike. Which is what makes this forum a great place to be.

Hi Meghan, thank you. That approval was quick :)

Cheers,
aK

Cat ji
09-12-2011, 10:58 PM
swagat hai :>

Bates Detailing
09-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Well hey there.... love the Bollywood movies :dblthumb2:. Welcome to AG!

k_ajay
09-13-2011, 01:54 AM
swagat hai :>

Dhanyevaad, Cat ji. :)

Well hey there.... love the Bollywood movies :dblthumb2:. Welcome to AG!

Hiya B&B, bollywood indeed makes some nice movies :) Thank you.

aK

BobbyG
09-13-2011, 05:15 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online Ajay!!

This is certainly a global community!! :props:

budinsc
09-13-2011, 04:14 PM
glad to have you ak! youll learn a bunch from great folks and have fun doing it.

budinsc
usa

Old Tiger
09-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Welcome aboard from abroad!

FussMan
09-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Welcome....so what kind of car(s) do you have?

Fussman

alko
09-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Welcome to the forum!!!

k_ajay
09-14-2011, 01:43 AM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online Ajay!!

This is certainly a global community!! :props:

Thank you Bobby. Yes, sure is. I saw a member join in from Belgium, the same day I did, I guess.. In India, AG has no presence but we all get familiar with the range of products of AG and it's famed customer service, only by word of mouth. Hard to resist joining then, uh? :)

glad to have you ak! youll learn a bunch from great folks and have fun doing it.

budinsc
usa

Hello Budinsc, thank you for the warm welcome [and everyone else, G'men]. I joined precisely for this reason. I see a wealth of information here on detailing and products. Considering that I'm just starting to 'detail' my own car, where else would I be?

Welcome aboard from abroad!

Thank you Jim.

Welcome....so what kind of car(s) do you have?

Fussman

Hi Fussman, thank you.

I drive a Skoda Fabia 1.4. This brand is not sold in the US, but its a part of the VAG [Volkswagen Auto Group]. It's a Czech Republic built brand which became a subsidary of the VAG group in 2000. These are sold in India under the Skoda brand itself. German [like] build quality and amazing road handling.

You can look up this car here; it's a hatchback --> Look ?KODA Auto - ?KODA Fabia (http://www.skoda-auto.com/com/model/newfabia/look/Pages/look.aspx) . And this is the only car I have, at the moment.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Thank you Alex.

JSMet
09-14-2011, 06:52 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, Ajay

k_ajay
09-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, Ajay

Hi JSMet,

Sorry I didn't note this post earlier, but Thank You for the warm welcome. :)