PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Polish II

Pages : [1] 2

andyboehlke
09-11-2011, 06:51 AM
I see that the Optimum Polish II original formula is BOGO and was wondering if anyone knows if it is any good or not. I noticed that it is not gone yet and was a little suprised about that with reading some of the reviews on it. Thanks for the input in advance.

POPPAJ
09-11-2011, 09:16 AM
I had to throw out the bottles I had left. Turned to water after a few years of storage in my basement. The compound still performs well.

Chris Thomas
09-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Few years?

tuscarora dave
09-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Optimum Polish II is a great non oily replacement for M-205. It works very nicely and wipes back off even easier but as stated above the shelf life is shorter than many others. When I see it on BOGO I have to wonder how long it's already been on the shelf at AG. If you use it often I say buy it but if you'll play around with it and let it sit for a long time then get the smallest bottle you can.

Since Chris@Optimum is here I'll say that the caps on all of the Optimum polish bottles clog up in no time forcing you to squeeze the bottle very hard to get the product out and when the dammed up cap finally opens up there's a flood of product all over your panel or your pad.

Just a little feedback for the manufacturer.

Chris Thomas
09-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Caps and bottles have been changed since the first quarter of 2011 and it was because of feedback from our customers! Poliseal was a bear to get out of the 32oz bottles IMO.

Old bottles:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2173_88430787

New bottles:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2174_75438541

tuscarora dave
09-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Sweet!!! Thanks Chris.

Jimmie
09-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Had to toss mine too; 32 oz Original polish; 32 oz Polish II; 32 oz Compound; 32 oz Poli-Seal.
Got to admit while it lasted I liked the way it performed. Just needed more shelf life for a hobbiest.

IID
09-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Since Chris(@Optimum) sent me some samples to review of the "New" formulation's of OPT Compound,Polish II,Finish Polish-I have become a big fan of them.
I have been using them more and more and even placed an order because of how well the "New" formula works for me.
I would recommend if you are a hobbiest,purchase the 8oz sizes.

Chris Thomas
09-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Good advice, IID. I have to admit I'm a sucker for a good deal...but with polishes I only order what I can use. Poliseal is the only thing I buy in gallons (polish-wise).

POPPAJ
09-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Few years?

OK OK it was the original formula not II, my mistake. Still my favorite polishes, I ordered too many polishes and let it sit!

Sorry!

Chris Thomas
09-11-2011, 08:49 PM
No apology necessary, I was just surprised that you were surprised that it didn't last a few years. I've had to throw stuff out that I kept meaning to get to, too...so you're certainly not alone.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk

ohmy34
09-11-2011, 09:42 PM
ok so what is the self life of the optimum compounds and polishes. This would be a good thing to know.jonathan

Jimmie
09-11-2011, 09:45 PM
I would recommend if you are a hobbiest,purchase the 8oz sizes.

I'll do that next time, and sure that I'll give them another go. I use a lot of Optimum products. Pleased with the performance of each.

fredcandetail
09-11-2011, 10:31 PM
I got these on BOGO a few months back and they didn't perform well at all.. I sent Chris and Duane some pics of the product separating and clumping up and they agreed it was past there shelf life (hence the BOGO ) and returned my money ... Buy some 205 or 85RD

Chris Thomas
09-12-2011, 12:08 AM
I think your safe with a couple of years (storage conditions vary). Within this time separation is normal. Usually all that is needed is to shake vigorously for a couple of minutes and you're back in business. I've has separation with other brands too, so this shouldn't be seen as abnormal for anyone familiar with polishes. We do offer a satisfaction guarantee so if you try our line and aren't happy, just let us know instead of discarding it or leaving it on the shelf.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk