PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire or Menzerna power lock for winter

remo74tg
09-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi, new to the forum and detailing world but have been lurking here for a while and completed my first detail with acceptable results. I will post pics later.
My question is about preparing the car for winter and I'd like to put on a sealant in a month or so and top it off with Collimite 845.
I've heard good things about both Blackfire & Menzerna power lock and like to get opinion on which product you guys prefer.
I appreciate any suggestions.

rider9195
09-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Welcome to AGO!

You have mentioned two very good and long lasting sealants and wax. I have never used Menzerna Power Lock but have used both Blackfire Wet Diamond and Collinite 845 with amazing results. The Wet Diamond is boosted by Polycharger which gives it some extra durability and the 845 is pretty bullet proof when topped over sealants. You can't go wrong with either sealant. They are both the same price 25 bucks as well. So I would get the Blackfire Wet Diamond and Collinite 845.

BobbyG
09-10-2011, 06:56 PM
I have both BlackFire Wet Diamond and Menzerna Power Lock and these are two really nice sealants. I apply both with a dual action polisher in order to achieve full and even coverage.

Wait 12 hours and top with Collinite 845 and you've got yourself some first class protection!!

remo74tg
09-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the replies. I think I'm gonna order Blackfire wet diamond sealant.

remo74tg
09-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Got delayed ordering stuff, I guess a good thing with the fall sale.

Another product really got my attention is Dodo Supernatural Hybrid sealant/wax. Does anyone have expeirence with this product and what r your thoughts using this with Collinite 845 this winter.

ScottB
09-26-2011, 06:47 PM
both sounds nice ...

tw33k2514
09-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Have not used either yet. But I did just order BFWD thanks to the fall sale. But I have heard great things about both of them. So I'm sure you will be happy either way.

supercharged
09-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Depending on your climate 845 will give you better durability through winter...

Buckskincolt
09-26-2011, 09:09 PM
And to confuse you more Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 is on sale this week then add in the 20% fall sale and you have an awesome deal there too. And if you want a high end hybrid you might also take a look at the Wolfgang FuZion, again on sale + the discount makes this a smoking deal! Then there is the Blackfire MidNight Sun Wax that is fortified with polymers.

Going to try the BFWD with this sale my self, but I use the WGDGPS 3.0 and it's great!:buffing: might even give the BFMS a try too?

rakkvet
09-26-2011, 10:38 PM
I love Menzerna for all lighter color cars. I have some on my wifes mini van from last fall and it still beads up.

Both are great though. Maybe will try the 845.

VTHokie
09-27-2011, 07:18 AM
I put Blackfire on my black F-150 last year before winter and it held up great all through the season. It was the first time I had used it so I was interested to test out its durability, which it did not disappoint! This year I'll be topping it with some Collinite 845 that I got from AG last week for a little added protection.