PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions Please

JoeD
09-10-2011, 10:07 AM
I own a New Jeep Grand Cherokee. On the lower back panel just before the wheel wells there are two plastic protective guards. Over the past several months the edges of the guards are starting to collect dirt and show a dark edge. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean these edges so the dirt doesn't show as much. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

JoeD

alko
09-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Take a picture and post it.

JoeD
09-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks you Alex for the reply. I have posted a photo of the Guard. Just click on it to make it larger.

BobbyG
09-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Hi Joe,

These are designed to keep road dirt and debris from actually abrading the paint. I tooth brush and some soap will most likely clean this right up unless it's gotten under the plastic. If this is the case you can try lifting the edges slightly then try cleaning it out.

These may have been installed improperly in which case take it back to the dealer and have them do it over.

alko
09-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Yeah I would recommend a very soft brush. You can also try some scraperite plastic razor blades available through AG. I used it to clean some dirt along edges, as well as remove some of the left over factory plastic from my car. I used it with Mothers California Gold QD. Keep the area well lubricated while using the plastic razor blade.

JoeD
09-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Thank you all for the quick reply and suggestions. I will try the toothbrush and soap method.

JoeD