PDA

View Full Version : Searching Archive

Jenn1270
09-09-2011, 07:37 PM
How do you search the forum archive? I am trying to look for a really old post of mine.

Jenn

Setec Astronomy
09-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Really old? How old could it be? You've only been a member two years. This should be all of them starting from the oldest: Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum - Search Results (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/search.php?searchid=1935507)

BobbyG
09-09-2011, 07:48 PM
That's a pretty cool thing to do for Jenn!! :dblthumb2:

Jenn1270
09-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks....I guess I was doing something wrong with the search. Thanks for helping out.

Setec Astronomy
09-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Thanks....I guess I was doing something wrong with the search. Thanks for helping out.

Sorry, you just have to go to the Advanced Search, search on user name, show posts rather than threads, any dates and older, and sort results in descending order.

BobbyG
09-10-2011, 06:25 AM
How do you search the forum archive? I am trying to look for a really old post of mine.

Jenn

Hey Jenn,

Another way of searching for posts by member is' click on Member List in the gray bar above. Once there scroll for the members name and click on Find.

This brings up all the posts by that particular member. They're listed in chronological order so if you know "about" when it was posted it helps.

Also, doing an advanced search and typing the members name and a known word in the subject will yield some decent results as well.

cutter
09-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Hey Jenn,

Another way of searching for posts by member is' click on Member List in the gray bar above. Once there scroll for the members name and click on Find.

This brings up all the posts by that particular member. They're listed in chronological order so if you know "about" when it was posted it helps.

Also, doing an advanced search and typing the members name and a known word in the subject will yield some decent results as well.

That's really good information Bobby...I'm not Jenn, but I do appreciate the knowledge.:dblthumb2:

BobbyG
09-10-2011, 08:00 AM
That's really good information Bobby...I'm not Jenn, but I do appreciate the knowledge.:dblthumb2:

No problem Jeff, just some useful information for everyone to use! :props: