PDA

View Full Version : which iron x should I get ?

poweraid
09-09-2011, 07:15 PM
with the spray , soap gel , and paste, which do u get ? is the soap gel just as effective? one u spray on and rub with sponge , the gel u apply to sponge and rub ? why 3 different applications ? which one is faster to apply ( use) , and which is more cost economical ? can it be applied to stainless steel trim ?
help me decide which iron x I should get .

rider9195
09-09-2011, 07:29 PM
The IronX paste would seem to cling to the surface longer. It doesn't seem as easy to apply as the IronX spray though. I would get the spray for ease of application. They are all doing the same job as well:xyxthumbs:

embolism
09-09-2011, 07:54 PM
If you are doing a car for the first time, wash, dry, then iron x spray, clay etc

for maintenance washes, maybe iron x soap gel once a month

for rims and heavy rust spots, iron x gel (purely speculating here)

BobbyG
09-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Hi Chad,

I have never tried this product but it looks like it works pretty well. If you do buy it I'd be curious to hear your thoughts! :props:

CEE DOG
09-09-2011, 08:32 PM
I believe you are looking for iron x.

The soap gel is the car wash but does have other uses.

The paste is extremely powerful! Use this for stubborn situations (really bad wheel wheel situations for example). This you can apply and let it dwell without it running off.

bigaizsosexy
09-09-2011, 08:43 PM
I hve both the spray and paste. I would use the paste like ceedog sAid on stubborn wheels and the spray on paint before claying. As far as the soap, I have never used it so I have no say.

poweraid
09-09-2011, 09:03 PM
thanks for the info . I will only be using on my personal vehicles. dark blue and red so I know I won't see too much action there. I just wanna decon . I have no idea how bad vehicles could be embedded with. I just figure being an 04 it could use it . I am a little worried about smell, is it really recommended to where a respirator? I will have to do this in a public wash bay since live in apartment .

CEE DOG
09-09-2011, 10:46 PM
thanks for the info . I will only be using on my personal vehicles. dark blue and red so I know I won't see too much action there. I just wanna decon . I have no idea how bad vehicles could be embedded with. I just figure being an 04 it could use it . I am a little worried about smell, is it really recommended to where a respirator? I will have to do this in a public wash bay since live in apartment .

Cool, for decon definitely get the regular iron x

No, you don't need a respirator. It isn't like people say as long as you are doing it outside. I mean it stinks, don't get me wrong but what do you expect from something that does what this product does. This wash bay is mostly open I assume? If so you are fine. Just don't shove your nose int he bottle and inhale it, LOL. Of course it can never hurt to use a respirator with any industrial chemicals even wheel cleaners, etc.

shoeless89
09-09-2011, 11:08 PM
I have the spray and it worked really well on my 07 Corolla and my girl friends 06 Cobalt SS. I haven't had a chance to use it on any older cars. It worked REALLY well. It smells like rotten eggs to me. It doesn't linger that long so shouldn't be a problem