PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Paint Safe

kimberguy
09-09-2011, 04:23 PM
I just had the front bumper replaced & painted. I'm going to wait 30 days before I wax it but is it okay to use Chemical Guys EZ creme glaze before ?

Mike Phillips
09-09-2011, 04:45 PM
I just had the front bumper replaced & painted. I'm going to wait 30 days before I wax it but is it okay to use Chemical Guys EZ creme glaze before ?

The glaze mystery...

Some where on the forum, recently... I posted something about judging a product by the task it performs, not the name on the label.

Do some research on this product and see if the sales copy states things like,

Long lasting protection
Endless water beading
UV Protection
Hold up to detergent washing

Etc. A body shop safe or fresh paint safe glaze will not provide the benefits and features of a wax or paint sealant.

Let us know what you find out...

:)

Mike Phillips
09-09-2011, 04:46 PM
There's some information in this article on glazes and towards the end of the article there's some information on body shop safe products etc.

:)

shoeless89
09-09-2011, 05:14 PM
My girl friends car just got repainted and the guys at the body shop said wait 90 days to wax/seal the paint. That seems a little longer then I have heard other times but he knows more about it then I do. My friend gave me a bottle of Empire Hand Glaze he had and it can be applied to fresh paint because it "breaths". It offers no protection but increases the look a little.

kimberguy
09-10-2011, 03:46 AM
The description says longer lasting shine, nothing about any kind of protection or water beading.

brawl
09-10-2011, 04:57 AM
Ocw

BobbyG
09-10-2011, 05:55 AM
Bodywork and paint is pretty costly and if the shops recommending waiting 30 days you might want to take their advise. 30 days isn't all that long so better be safe than sorry...

sohail99
09-10-2011, 06:22 AM
Meguiars Speed glaze is ok to use on fresh paint! Label says, it also offers breathable protection!