PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Cleaning

Jenn1270
09-08-2011, 08:28 PM
I the floor mats in my car this weekend. I have a LGM and used the "pet" solution because that is all I had. Did fairly well after pretreating with APC+.

I've read you can just use APC+ in the machine as well. Do you dilute and then fill to the line with product and complete with water, or do you just put the APC+ in the place of the bissel solution and use the rest of the water as the diluent.

Jenn

BobbyG
09-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Hey Jenn,

I have the Bissell Auto Care ProHeat and have done just that. I've mixed all purpose cleaner in with the hot water in an attempt to gain better deeper cleaning. I add it to the reservoir then fill with hot water.

Once I'm through I rinse out the tank and fill it with clean hot water in order to rinse the affected area.

Jenn1270
09-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Next time I will make sure and do the rinse step. Since I used the "pet" stuff from bissel, I think I should be ok. The APC+ pretreatment and a minimal amout of scrubbing because mine has this cool little scrubber attachment did great on some nasty floor mats

5Toes
09-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Flash Carpet & Interior Cleaner.

That is all

DaGonz
09-09-2011, 05:54 AM
Bissell claims that using anything other than the Bissell solutions will void the warranty... with that said, I have used Zep's carpet and upholstery cleaner, Meg's APC and Car Products Blast APC with no problems whatsoever.