PDA

View Full Version : Streaks

ThirdgenTa
09-08-2011, 06:42 PM
I own a Black Buick regal with very very soft paint.
Anyhow I have a coat of Menzerna power lock topped with collinite 845. It seems like every time I use any kind of product on top it just streaks all over. After I wash, if I use Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer, it streaks. Just started using Ultimate Quick wax and it streaked. Its the worst on the hood and on the trunk. I don't notice it that much on the door panels. So certain sections look light and some look dark. It actually even did it when I used ONR after a wash.
Is there something with my paint or clearcoat? When I use these products on other peopls cars I don't have this problem.
I tried to capture a picture but didn't work.
It doesn't come off unless I re wash.

rfinkle2
09-08-2011, 06:56 PM
I own a Black Buick regal with very very soft paint.
Anyhow I have a coat of Menzerna power lock topped with collinite 845. It seems like every time I use any kind of product on top it just streaks all over. After I wash, if I use Megs Ultimate Quick Detailer, it streaks. Just started using Ultimate Quick wax and it streaked. Its the worst on the hood and on the trunk. I don't notice it that much on the door panels. So certain sections look light and some look dark. It actually even did it when I used ONR after a wash.
Is there something with my paint or clearcoat? When I use these products on other peopls cars I don't have this problem.
I tried to capture a picture but didn't work.
It doesn't come off unless I re wash.

Distilled water should help to even things out.

Spray a light mist onto the offending panel (lol) and wipe clean.

IMO, distilled water is a black car owner's best friend.

eaglefan
09-08-2011, 06:59 PM
I have experienced the same thing with speed shine on BFMSun. I stopped it by using many towels and just enough product. If I use to much = streak city

Ron Atchison
09-08-2011, 07:03 PM
I have basically the same problem with 845.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/products-guides/40464-streaking-colonite-845-a.html