PDA

View Full Version : Interior/engine dressing

Pages : [1] 2

flyinion
09-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Ok last new topic I hope before I finalize my next big order :). I'm trying to find something that works well for interior dressing, but could be used on plastics and hoses in the engine bay as well. My car has mostly textured plastics so I need something that will work on that as well (are those actually vinyl?). The gf's new Altima though has a lot of the soft touch materials around which I assume are actually vinyl. I'm looking at products like 303, pinnacle vinyl & rubber protectant, or I saw the poorboys stuff in one search as well. I don't want something with a lot of shine since it would end up on the dash too.

IOMCAMARO
09-08-2011, 02:40 PM
So you want one product instead of two different products? If yes I'd go with 1Z Einszett Vinyl and Rubber protector. If you don't mind going with 2 products, I'd get either Ultima Interior Guard Plus or 1Z Cockpit Premium for the interior and Meguiar's Vinyl aerosol spray or Hyper Dressing for the engine bay. P.S. I know her car has leather, the Ultima Interior Guard Plus makes the leather in any car feel amazing. It makes it so smooth and silky. It doesn't make it slippery though so you can use it on your steering wheel too. :props:

Pats300zx
09-08-2011, 02:46 PM
What about Carpro PERL???

flyinion
09-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Wow, not cheap, but I'm liking what I read in CEE DOG's review of the Ultima stuff. I wonder if it might hold up on the hoses and stuff in the engine bay even though it's not made for it. Or I could just get the 303 for the engine and Ultima for the interior.

IOMCAMARO
09-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Wow, not cheap, but I'm liking what I read in CEE DOG's review of the Ultima stuff. I wonder if it might hold up on the hoses and stuff in the engine bay even though it's not made for it. Or I could just get the 303 for the engine and Ultima for the interior.

I bought a bottle of the Ultima off of a friend for $20. He used it once and the bottle still looked full. I used it once now on my Camaro and it still looks full. A little goes a very long way with this product.

flyinion
09-08-2011, 04:23 PM
I bought a bottle of the Ultima off of a friend for $20. He used it once and the bottle still looked full. I used it once now on my Camaro and it still looks full. A little goes a very long way with this product.

Do you think it might hold up if used in the engine bay? If not, I'm thinking of picking up the 50ml sample of the PERL to try on the engine bay stuff.

phantom
09-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Meguiars Hyper Dressing can do a good job in the engine compartment.

shoeless89
09-08-2011, 04:27 PM
I've used the Ultima Interior Guard Plus. Like IOMCAMARO said, a little goes a LONG way, as is with most Ultima products. It also leaves everything feeling very soft. I kind of like some shine to my interior, not blinding shinny but something. The Ultima leaves a 100% MATTE finish IMO. I like the 303 Aerospace for my interior. It doesn't do very well on the exterior but I have other products for that. For the engine bay I would go with Meguiars Hyper dressing or CD-2 engine detailer. You can pick CD-2 up at Autozone or where ever. Hope that helps!

flyinion
09-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Ok I'm thoroughly confused by the CD-2 thing. I've done some searching and depending on where you look it is or isn't discontinued, then I found it listed as Blue Coral CD-2 at Autozone but it looks like a different graphic on the can. I would get the meg's, but it only comes in a large size (which I will never use) and I'm already collecting too many products that need a separate spray bottle so I can dilute it down lol.

IOMCAMARO
09-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Get the Megs vinyl aerosol trim and rubber you won't be disappointed.

flyinion
09-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Get the Megs vinyl aerosol trim and rubber you won't be disappointed.

this right? Meguiars Plastic & Vinyl Coating, exterior trim coating, trim dressing, vinyl protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-plastic-vinyl-coating.html)

phantom
09-08-2011, 05:33 PM
As for vinyl dressing I favor Sonus and Griots; I've tried many!

CrownKote
09-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Sorry I have to put my .02 in... I love 303 for all of the above! It leaves a satin sheen and works well on all surfaces...

I use this stuff by the gallon in my shop and everyone seems to love the look...

Also it is decently priced for the spray bottle size...

With 303 a little goes a long way also so it should last for a while and it has UV inhibitors in it!

Give it a shot...

flyinion
09-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Sorry I have to put my .02 in... I love 303 for all of the above! It leaves a satin sheen and works well on all surfaces...

I use this stuff by the gallon in my shop and everyone seems to love the look...

Also it is decently priced for the spray bottle size...

With 303 a little goes a long way also so it should last for a while and it has UV inhibitors in it!

Give it a shot...

Just curious, have you tried the Ultima interior product? I was somewhat sold on it after seeing CEE DOG's review on it comparing the look next to the 303 but since I'm already running up an expensive order, the 303 might be nice to use for now if I can remove it easily with OPC or something down the line. I had already considered 303 for the engine compartment as I mentioned.

CrownKote
09-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Just curious, have you tried the Ultima interior product? I was somewhat sold on it after seeing CEE DOG's review on it comparing the look next to the 303 but since I'm already running up an expensive order, the 303 might be nice to use for now if I can remove it easily with OPC or something down the line. I had already considered 303 for the engine compartment as I mentioned.

I personally have not used it but I have seen it in a friend that used it's car... I do like the look it gives but for the shop it doesn't make sense to use just for the cost factor (I get 303 direct from them as I have an account with them)...

303 would remove easily with a good cleaner... I generally use purple power to remove it and it goes away quickly...