PDA

View Full Version : Okay to wax a few days later?...

Pages : [1] 2

isaac
09-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Sup guys! Havent been on here in a long while. Have (a probabbly dumb) question for you guys...

So, I just got done claying and polishing my truck. Turns out, I don't have enough glaze to do my entire truck. I'm going to order some glaze (Chemical Guys Black Light), would it be okay to leave my truck the way it is while I wait for shipping?... Or, should I go ahead and apply wax (Dodo Juice Hard Candy) and redo it when I receive my order?

Thanks,

Flash Gordon
09-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Why are you glazing if you polished?

Rei86
09-07-2011, 09:30 PM
You know reading up on CG BL from another website from what a guy feels it has abrasive-ish nature to it and polishes it.

Polish, Fills, and Protects.

Don't know why I even posted this since I don't have an answer to your question./

Flash Gordon
09-07-2011, 09:32 PM
As long as it stays garaged during this time period your good

isaac
09-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Why are you glazing if you polished?

From my understanding,glazing after polishing enhances shine.

Rei86
09-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Yeah but shouldn't your polish do that?

Glaze is usually a filler to amp up the gloss if you don't do that step.

Kristopher1129
09-07-2011, 11:09 PM
In my eyes a glaze is used as a filler, or a 1-step product...a shortcut product sort of speak. I don't see much sense in glazing after you've polished. If you've already polished...then go straight to LSP, unless you plan on using a fine polish before LSP.

What was your polishing method? I think this may turn into another "what is glaze?" debate, haha.

Rei86
09-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Since I can't post this website maybe a little excerpt on this product since it isn't really a glaze

"B_ _ _ _ L_ _ _ _ contains very fine abrasives in the formula to help clean and lightly polish the surface while it’s adding gloss and protection."

So its actually a very weak AIO, and man do I have no idea why I care so much about this topic...maybe I just want to use this product.

I really like the name of the product, and the packaging is really slick too. Guys that make chemicals are really good at the whole marketing push with nice adverts.

IOMCAMARO
09-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Since I can't post this website maybe a little excerpt on this product since it isn't really a glaze

"B_ _ _ _ L_ _ _ _ contains very fine abrasives in the formula to help clean and lightly polish the surface while it’s adding gloss and protection."

So its actually a very weak AIO, and man do I have no idea why I care so much about this topic...maybe I just want to use this product.

It also has some of the elements of Ez Creme in it that makes it fill in what it doesn't correct.

Kurt_s
09-08-2011, 12:48 AM
Sup guys! Havent been on here in a long while. Have (a probabbly dumb) question for you guys...

So, I just got done claying and polishing my truck. Turns out, I don't have enough glaze to do my entire truck. I'm going to order some glaze (Chemical Guys Black Light), would it be okay to leave my truck the way it is while I wait for shipping?... Or, should I go ahead and apply wax (Dodo Juice Hard Candy) and redo it when I receive my order?

Thanks,

Protect if you plan to drive it. A light cleaning before moving on with the glaze if you leave it in the garage.

isaac
09-08-2011, 12:52 AM
In my eyes a glaze is used as a filler, or a 1-step product...a shortcut product sort of speak. I don't see much sense in glazing after you've polished. If you've already polished...then go straight to LSP, unless you plan on using a fine polish before LSP.

What was your polishing method? I think this may turn into another "what is glaze?" debate, haha.

Just following this guidline: Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides (http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html).

I used Poor Boys polish...

silverfox
09-08-2011, 06:30 AM
CG BL is the real deal. See Todd's review (of Detailed Image), and be prepared to be surprised. Its not just another slick marketing scheme. You can apply after you already have clayed/polished...it will act as a cleaner-finishing polish/glaze/sealant (good on average of 4 months), and enhance what you already have on the paint.

No need to top it with wax, unless you want to...but it will stand up as a sealant similar to Blackfire Wet Diamond longevity wise.

Flannigan
09-08-2011, 07:06 AM
CG BL is the real deal. See Todd's review (of Detailed Image), and be prepared to be surprised. Its not just another slick marketing scheme. You can apply after you already have clayed/polished...it will act as a cleaner-finishing polish/glaze/sealant (good on average of 4 months), and enhance what you already have on the paint.

No need to top it with wax, unless you want to...but it will stand up as a sealant similar to Blackfire Wet Diamond longevity wise.

That review is really underwhelming, there aren't any before or after pictures, or sun shots showing the correction ability. I'm not saying the product doesn't work, but if you're going to talk about how you've used a product for over a year, wouldn't you take more than just a handful of pictures? Also I have a really hard time ever totally believe reviews from someone that is getting paid to do them, or doing them for a company. Just my .02

isaac
09-08-2011, 09:03 AM
This is pretty much what sold me on BL...
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k126/ericwitt04/TruShine%20detailing/Ferrari%20F430%20scud/481f1a32.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/37752-ferrari-f430-scuderia-tru-shine-unique-mobile-detailing.html

For $30, I think it's worth a shot.

Flash Gordon
09-08-2011, 01:59 PM
The only Glaze I wanna see is on a donut