PDA

View Full Version : Most durable trim protector? Carsystem or WG Trim sealant, CG G6 ?

cobraa
09-07-2011, 06:19 PM
After reviewing cee dog test.. I can conclude that wolfgang trim sealant last about 2 month.. is there something somehwere that last longer?

There's CG G6 who's suppose to be just like WG trim sealant and there's also carsytem that a lot of truck user protect their liner with.

your feedback guys?

Dr Oldz
09-07-2011, 06:22 PM
UTTG has always held up amazingly for me.
I have been testing Wolf's Chemicals Nano Trim Sealant and that seems to be a contender as well(especially after all the rain I have had this week)

BobbyG
09-07-2011, 06:38 PM
:iagree: Ultima Tire & Trim Guard...

IOMCAMARO
09-07-2011, 06:42 PM
I have had ETS on my car for about 2 months and it's still going strong. I've had a lot of rain lately and it still is beading like I just applied it. Whenever the rain stops I'm going to check the plastics under my hood to see how it held up to the heat.

CEE DOG
09-07-2011, 06:43 PM
UTTG (and assumable ETS) can both last longer than 2 months depending on the material. On textured trim even in bad environments and outside all the time I would say they make it 3 months still looking good. Tad had UTTG on his cowl all through the winter in Idaho and after 6 months it still looked new. He had the picture to prove it.

Well, based on the prices UTTG is the way to go out of the two you mention.

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j376/CEEDOG7/Reviews/WOLFGANG%20ETS/Chart.jpg

As far as prices go PERL is much cheaper still but I haven't tested its full durability yet. On textured trim it is doing very well so far.

Pardon the repeat post of the chart below. I don't have the time rught now to make a new one tailored for trim but this will gie you an idea of it's price per ounce after 1:1 dilution for trim.

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j376/CEEDOG7/Reviews/CarPro%20PERL/CHART.jpg

I'm looking forward to trying the Wolf Jim sent me a sample of as well. Thanks buddy Im the MAN

IOMCAMARO
09-07-2011, 06:51 PM
I've been dying to try all of my Wolf's stuff, but the freaking rain won't stop. I'm doing a review as soon as I can get to the car. My Camaro sits outside 24/7. The ETS has held up for 2 months and still looks like good. I'll be waiting on your review of the Nano Trim Corey. :props:

kimtyson
09-07-2011, 09:54 PM
There's also C4. Right?

cobraa
09-07-2011, 10:02 PM
yes theres also c4.. but they claim 2 years.. quite hard to believe actually. thanks guy for the answer. I got WG trim sealant on bogo so its exactly the same price as UTTG and AI prefer the brand wolfgang than ultima. personal preference!

CEE DOG
09-08-2011, 05:59 AM
Well, C4 will absolutely last much longer than any of these. I believe 2 years is probably close to what it will in fact do. It's a nano coat specifically made for trim. It becomes part of the molecular structure of the trim. That's why it lasts longer than even magical polymer sealant like UTTG. I've had it on for months and there has been absolutely no change in it's appearance. Can't post the review here but you asked so I'm answering. The thing is it is costly but saves the price of labor for a long time to come. On very smooth trim Im not positive how long it lasts but on textured trim no question.

cobraa
09-08-2011, 09:16 AM
wow.. okay.. thanks.. I might go order some then :P I think theres only one place where you can order it in the usa.