PDA

View Full Version : Argh

Jenn1270
09-06-2011, 09:32 PM
The low tire light was on this morning when I got in the SUV to go to work. Since I had a nail in one of the other tires, I took it to the tire place to get fixed. Fortunately no repairs were needed and they just needed airing up because it was cooler outside.

The guy told me there would be no charge but wanted to meet me outside.

This is what he showed me.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_00071.JPG

It seems that one of the young guys backed it out of the bay right into someone's suv trailer. He was mortified and his tech was all upset. They are going to call me tomorrow to tell me where to take it to get it fixed. Hopefully they can just replace the bumper. If not, I may be driving to Florida to be the "donor car" for the Thursday night in the Autogeek garage to get the holograms buffed out.

Jenn

rwright
09-06-2011, 09:40 PM
That's a pooper. Why are they calling you to tell you where to take it? You have the right to choose any body shop you want, it was their fault.

Belair
09-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Those bumper covers can be replaced easily, shouldn't be a prob for you.

Jenn1270
09-06-2011, 09:47 PM
There is only 1 or two body shops in town. Unfortunately none of my friends know anything about either of them. I have one other person to ask. I've put my husband on it and I'm sure it will be taken care of appropriately. He is the man who got Lowes to pay to get our concrete resealed after two different people including a manager told him wrong information about a product and it nearly ruined the concrete. I think the hubby should have researched the product better and not taken the word of someone off the street who has probably never stained or sealed concrete in their life....but I won't argue with his results.

Jenn

kronos
09-06-2011, 09:47 PM
That's a pooper. Why are they calling you to tell you where to take it? You have the right to choose any body shop you want, it was their fault.

Word.

Flash Gordon
09-07-2011, 08:46 AM
This sucks!

dwengier77
09-07-2011, 09:37 AM
At least they are owning up to it. Some jerk backed into my wifes van in a parking lot and left a lot more damage then that and drove off. Luckily there was a witness. It has been over a month and we are still waiting to get it fixed. Fianlly the police ticketed the jerk so now we might see some progress. Keep us informed on your adventure!

BobbyG
09-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi Jenn,

Getting through the emotional part of this will be more difficult than the fix. Since your husband appears to be a stickler for detail and quality rest your weary head, it will be done...:props:

Rei86
09-07-2011, 09:46 AM
You know what, at least they had the decency to tell you it was their fault. Because usually they'll just say it was there when you brought it in and put the fault on you.

Mike Phillips
09-07-2011, 09:46 AM
If not, I may be driving to Florida to be the "donor car" for the Thursday night in the Autogeek garage to get the holograms buffed out.

Jenn

Bring it on.... :buffing:

Seriously... sorry to hear of the mishap...

:(

RTexasF
09-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Check in Decatur also, it's not far from you.