PDA

View Full Version : Daily Driver

former86camaro
02-05-2007, 08:43 AM
My daily driver, my Red Pontiac GTP with a 3.5 Pulley and After Market ECU has been the victim of bad drivers just to long. Usually, I break out my DP Polishes and go to work, but it is no longer worth the good fight, not until I repaint L I have now moved on to hiding and covering the issues and paint failures. I am looking for the best Filler Autogeek has. This is what I have to work with:

Megs #16 – 2 Tins
Pinnacle Wax
Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover
DP Sealant New Formula
DP Polishes all Stages
DP Car Soap
Poor Boys Car Soap with Wax in it, the winter version. By the way it works well and should be a regular soap for the IMO.

My plan of attack:
Wash, Fill, Top with #16 or Pinnacle

What should I fill with? I am looking for two weeks, three weeks would be nicer though, worth of hiding protection and then have no issue with reapplying it.

Let me live the lie my Daily Driver is SWIRL FREE and pretty!

Matt S.
02-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion (http://www.autogeek.net/pinpainclean.html) has micro-fine fillers. It won't remove swirls but it does make them much less noticeable by rounding the top edge of swirls and then filling them in.

Paintwork Cleansing Lotion can be applied by hand and then you can apply wax right over top of it.

supercharged
02-06-2007, 12:06 AM
My daily driver, my Red Pontiac GTP with a 3.5 Pulley and After Market ECU has been the victim of bad drivers just to long. Usually, I break out my DP Polishes and go to work, but it is no longer worth the good fight, not until I repaint L I have now moved on to hiding and covering the issues and paint failures. I am looking for the best Filler Autogeek has. This is what I have to work with:

Megs #16 – 2 Tins
Pinnacle Wax
Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover
DP Sealant New Formula
DP Polishes all Stages
DP Car Soap
Poor Boys Car Soap with Wax in it, the winter version. By the way it works well and should be a regular soap for the IMO.

My plan of attack:
Wash, Fill, Top with #16 or Pinnacle

What should I fill with? I am looking for two weeks, three weeks would be nicer though, worth of hiding protection and then have no issue with reapplying it.

Let me live the lie my Daily Driver is SWIRL FREE and pretty!

Which Pinnacle wax is it? And what area do you live in?

nick19
02-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Do you have a PC? Or are you using these by hand?

DP's Super Swirl remover, will remove just about anything...