PDA

View Full Version : Festool Rotex 150

gator1
02-05-2007, 08:08 AM
I have been thinking of buying one of these,but question is will the Edge or LC pads work with there backing plate ? Someone who has used them let me no,before I spend the big bucks!! Thanks

Gary Sword
02-05-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm not sure the Edge pads will work but I think the LC pads will. I was thinking about getting one myself. Ask Toto Machine. He uses a Festool Rotex.

Totoland Mach
02-05-2007, 02:43 PM
The Edge will not work because you have to use the Festool velcro backing plate. It is a quick release plate made exclusively for that maching. The unit comes with a velcro backing plate that is very good, and I also purchased (for an additional $15), the velcro polishing pad. The difference between the two is one is cushioned and the other is not cushioned.

Any of the velcro based pads will work: LC, Meguiar's, Propel, etc.

The tool is very nice to use and worth the additional money IMO. I don't regret buying it at all.

Toto

gator1
02-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the info one more question is the the machine spin faster then the porter? I think it is by reading the specs.

Totoland Mach
02-05-2007, 03:43 PM
gator1: yes, the Festool setting on "3" is approx to porter's "5". The Festool has 4 & 5 settings, so it definitely is faster. The tool in rotary mode on "5" will approximate a big Rotary at 1,000 rpm. I do a lot of rotary work on plastic parts with the Festool as there is less chance of burning the material.

Toto

gator1
02-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Thanks for all the info I will probaly will have to order one for myself I will PM you when I get it.once again thaks !!

Totoland Mach
02-05-2007, 08:48 PM
cool gator1: I think you'll enjoy using it as much as I do. It's a well balanced piece of equipment.