PDA

View Full Version : Good to be back...sort of...

alko
09-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Whats up guys and gals! I'm back from my vacation. Me and the lady went on a 7 day Caribbean cruise last week. Luckily we got out just in time from Hurricane Irene. We were supposed to leave out Sunday but was able to change the flight to Saturday.

It was my first cruise, and man oh man was it amazing! I HIGHLY recommend going on a cruise to everyone who hasn't been on one. We flew into Puerto Rico and set sail to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. We were supposed to go to St. Maarten on Saturday, but they closed the port due to large swells. But all in all it was amazing.

I hope all is well with everyone. I'm looking forward to catching up. Talk to you guys soon!

Meghan
09-06-2011, 09:57 AM
:postpics:

alko
09-06-2011, 09:59 AM
:postpics:

HAHAHAHHA!!!! I'm working on it.... gotta get the SD card from my lady. Stay tuned!

BobbyG
09-06-2011, 09:59 AM
I can hear the sadness in your fingers! :laughing:

Coming back from vacation to the reality of life can be a bit of a letdown. After a couple of weeks you'll be back to your old self again..:props:

alko
09-06-2011, 10:05 AM
I can hear the sadness in your fingers! :laughing:

Coming back from vacation to the reality of life can be a bit of a letdown. After a couple of weeks you'll be back to your old self again..:props:

It really is!!!! Especially after a trip like that. This was my lady's 7th cruise and I now understand why she loves to go on cruises. I think we're going to do one for our honeymoon next year. I'm excited to get back to detailing again. Thankfully my car sat in the garage for the week and was out of the path of the storm. I'm getting ready to place another order...gotta see if any sales going on right now.

Nick McKees37
09-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Good to have you back Alex. :props:

alko
09-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks Nick!!!

JSMet
09-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Good to have you back. I was starting to wonder what had happened to you cause I didn't see any posts from you for awhile. I try to go somewhere at least once a year, this year it'll be Hawaii in October.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-06-2011, 10:32 PM
I think it's hilarious when guys refer to their woman as, "my lady". :p

timaishu
09-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Which cruise line did you go on?

I went on a 9day royal carribean in july. It was amazing!

Flew into Newark NJ, no offense to our jersey members, but the area surround the airport was pretty crappy. We set sail the next morning and sailed for two days and then visited Bermunda, sailed for another day, then hit St. Maarten, St Thomas, and Puerto Rico and then sailed two days back to NJ and then flew back to Cali.

Shame you couldnt see St. Maarten, it was really nice.

I scuba dived at St. Thomas. It was great, no certs needed, they told us how to do it and we went in small groups and went down SLOWWWWW. We eventually hit the ocean floor at -30ft and there was even a ship wreck! It was sweet! I wish I had brought a water camera. Im the MAN

Flannigan
09-07-2011, 06:24 AM
Welcome back Alex! Glad to hear you had an enjoable vacation! Now get back to work! LOL

alko
09-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Good to have you back. I was starting to wonder what had happened to you cause I didn't see any posts from you for awhile. I try to go somewhere at least once a year, this year it'll be Hawaii in October.

Thanks!!! Yeah I’m definitely going to try to do a vacation once a year. Let me know how you like Hawaii. That’s on my list of top ten.

Which cruise line did you go on?

I went on a 9day royal carribean in july. It was amazing!

Flew into Newark NJ, no offense to our jersey members, but the area surround the airport was pretty crappy. We set sail the next morning and sailed for two days and then visited Bermunda, sailed for another day, then hit St. Maarten, St Thomas, and Puerto Rico and then sailed two days back to NJ and then flew back to Cali.

Shame you couldnt see St. Maarten, it was really nice.

I scuba dived at St. Thomas. It was great, no certs needed, they told us how to do it and we went in small groups and went down SLOWWWWW. We eventually hit the ocean floor at -30ft and there was even a ship wreck! It was sweet! I wish I had brought a water camera.

We were on the Carnival Victory. We flew into San Juan, Puerto Rico and the ship went to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. We only did the beaches in St. Thomas and Barbados. We did a sea and land tour of St. Lucia (absolutely beautiful) and spent about an hour on the beach. St. Kitts we did a land tour and spent about 2 hours on Shipwreck beach.

Scuba diving in St. Thomas sounds fun…wish I did that. Your trip sounds great!

Welcome back Alex! Glad to hear you had an enjoable vacation! Now get back to work! LOL

Thanks man! Reality bites the big one. But atleast I can get back to detailing. I wanna get a few cars in before the cold weather rolls in. We have to get up soon.