PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to say thank you.

Kipgm
09-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Hi All, Kip here in NJ. first post, been reading and learning a lot! Thanks to all you guys that have taken the time and shared your experience, knowledge, and expertise in detailing. It is really nice, even surprising, to see people share their hard earned knowledge and expertise with other auto enthusiasts and car owners like myself.

I have read and read again, and watched videos more than once. I have ordered a bunch of stuff that was suggested and recommended by you, the guys that know from experience. I'm almost there with products in hand, (one more delivery) and ready to give my own and my wife's cars (Silver 02 Sequoia, Black [ouch] 2011 G 37-S, Black-Cherry 05 Road King Classic, and my wife's green [Hunter?] 08 Highlander. Sylvia, Black-Betty, Cherry-Bomb, and Booger, respectively, the wow! factor. T

hat's a lot of tires for this old (53) guy to tackle, I know. But they are for the most part in pretty good (garage kept) shape. If I was a rich man I would likely just send them out to you, the pros. But, I must admit, I like keeping my rides clean and look forward to applying what I have learned here, from youz guys, and enjoying the results.

I will likely start with Sylvia since she's the oldest and most forgiving. Love that silver! Anyway, thank you again for sharing your first-hand knowledge with me and others, here on Auto-Geeks.

:)

ArkayoDeetayo
09-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Hi All, Kip here in NJ. first post, been reading and learning a lot! Thanks to all you guys that have taken the time and shared your experience, knowledge, and expertise in detailing. It is really nice, even surprising, to see people share their hard earned knowledge and expertise with other auto enthusiasts and car owners like myself. I have read and read again, and watched videos more than once. I have ordered a bunch of stuff that was suggested and recommended by you, the guys that know from experience. I'm almost there with products in hand, (one more delivery) and ready to give my own and my wife's cars (Silver 02 Sequoia, Black [ouch] 2011 G 37-S, Black-Cherry 05 Road King Classic, and my wife's green [Hunter?] 08 Highlander. Sylvia, Black-Betty, Cherry-Bomb, and Booger, respectively, the wow! factor. That's a lot of tires for this old (53) guy to tackle, I know. But they are for the most part in pretty good (garage kept) shape. If I was a rich man I would likely just send them out to you, the pros. But, I must admit, I like keeping my rides clean and look forward to applying what I have learned here, from youz guys, and enjoying the results. I will likely start with Sylvia since she's the oldest and most forgiving. Love that silver! Anyway, thank you again for sharing your first-hand knowledge with me and others, here on Auto-Geeks.

Good luck with all those detail jobs, it's a lot more work than it sounds, I sometimes find myself spending 2-3 full days to do full details (wash, dry, clay, polish, wax/sealant, QD) then theres the interior cleaning, dressing, windows, vacuuming) Maybe its because I am slow, but when I do interior it takes me 3-4 hours...

you probably don't know it yet but you will probably have impulses when you just start (or I did anyways) where I would just go out late at night even though I washed my car already, and then QD it just because I have it...

You will spend a lot of time reading random forum topics...and worst of all, 3 things will eat your hard earned money...
1) you will always check the Friday (every other Friday) BOGOS to see what's new and buy new products you probably don't need, for example I already have more wax/sealant to last me a life time since you apply them 3-4 times a year and use little each time, but I buy more just because it goes on BOGO
2) you will check the new VIPS (sign up Autogeek VIP Club (http://www.autogeek.net/sign-up.html)) to get emailed their new VIP specials
3) Reading any product reviews by Corey (CEE-DOG) because I would say 10 products on my shelf I probably would have never bought had I not read his reviews. He review products and they usually sound outstanding and end up buying it. They are all great reviews by the way, unbiased, fair, straight to the point, detailed, what more can you ask for a review.

Kipgm
09-06-2011, 01:01 AM
Thanks Rock, bought the Porter Cable (twins) because I didn't want to hurt anything. I bought a bunch of stuff on sale, joined the vip, and some bogo's too. Getting the last shipment (for now) today.. As a carpenter by trade I agree that everything always takes longer than (I) you think. Lucky for me I'm gonna set up the tunes, relax, and try to enjoy the process. : ) No need to rush things too much. But, I fully understand what you are saying. There is a lot more to a fully cleaned car or bike than most people think. Reading the forums here and doing hand washings has made that clear. Door jambs, trunk lids, under the hood..Please don't get me wrong, I'm no expert by any stretch. I have a lot to learn. But thanks to the people that take the time to share their experiences here, and with time being on my side, I hope I can get close to being satisfied.. if that is ever possible. : )

kimtyson
09-06-2011, 07:05 AM
:welcome: Kipgm. It's very nice of you to thank the folks here. They have helped a bunch of us. I am also 53 years young so I can relate. In addition to spending money on AG, I have also gone to Wally World to get the Equate jumbo pack of ibuprofin.

Mike Phillips
09-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Hi Kip,

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

When you get ready to start asking questions here's a two articles to check out...

A tip to help yourself get great answers when you start a thread (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tips-techniques-how-articles-interacting-discussion-forums/29344-tip-help-yourself-get-great-answers-when-you-start-thread.html)

How to write a good title for your thread (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/introduce-yourself/20306-how-write-good-title-your-post.html)

Lots of helpful forum members always ready to lend a helping cyber-hand...

:xyxthumbs:

Kipgm
09-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks! This is a great site!