PDA

View Full Version : Griots spray on wax?

ALLN1WASH
09-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Whats up AGO? I'm thinking about picking up this Griots spray on wax from this weeks BOGO. I've never used any Griots products before and just wanted some input.

What do ya know/ think about it?
Thanks.

longdx
09-05-2011, 09:39 PM
It is a nice spray on wax. Easy to apply and easy off. It can also be used on a wet car.

Gunslinger
09-05-2011, 10:17 PM
It's great stuff. It's not intended to be an alternative wax for the old tried and true methods of applying wax or sealant, but to replenish wax lost from a car wash or normal exposure.

You won't be unhappy with it.

Twister
09-05-2011, 10:36 PM
I use it at every wash as a drying aid. Works well, like said above it will not replace a wax or sealant

5.4 Shelby
09-06-2011, 09:43 AM
I also use it as drying aid. Leaves a cleaner looking finish and helps with water spots from the wash. Also, smells very nice.

Works best on a surface that is well prepped and already waxed. It seems to smear a little on unwaxed surface (speed shine and spray on car wash are the same way).

ALLN1WASH
09-06-2011, 05:14 PM
I totally agree with all the above statements in the sense that this will not replace a traditional wax job. I actually offer my clients a package where a spray wax is applied following a basic car wash. For the past 4 years I've been using a product sold by a local distributor.

I just saw the griots on the BOGO list and wanted some feedback. I'm always open to trying new products and since this is about $4 cheaper than what's I'm used to paying, I was definitely interested.

Anyhow, I just placed the order, and can't wait to try it out, especially as a drying aid, I've never used this type of product for that reason.
Thanks.

mg6045
09-06-2011, 05:21 PM
I totally agree with all the above statements in the sense that this will not replace a traditional wax job. I actually offer my clients a package where a spray wax is applied following a basic car wash. For the past 4 years I've been using a product sold by a local distributor.

I just saw the griots on the BOGO list and wanted some feedback. I'm always open to trying new products and since this is about $4 cheaper than what's I'm used to paying, I was definitely interested.

Anyhow, I just placed the order, and can't wait to try it out, especially as a drying aid, I've never used this type of product for that reason.
Thanks.

if it was me charging a client I would feel much more secure applying something like Optimum Car Wax. Something I know that will bead water and remain on the finish for a good bit. I had the Griots spray wax and while good, its not something that I would consider substantial enough to charge extra for if I offered services. just being honest.

ALLN1WASH
09-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Is that right? Well I do Appreciate your input as well. As with any new product, I always give it a run on my personal vehicles prior to throwing it into my arsenal. Ill let ya know how it works out for me as soon as I can.

Thanks.

PA DETAILER
09-06-2011, 07:28 PM
bogo. yea. you cant go wrong.