PDA

View Full Version : Just used my ShMitts today and I love them

Pages : [1] 2

klumzypinoy
02-05-2007, 02:26 AM
Today I just tested out my ShMitts and the Ultimate Guzzler. They are excellent car washing tools. I just need to get a good car shampoo, the Armor All that's laying around isn't doing good :( but I'm trying to use it up. The yellow side really helps a lot for the bottom panels and for stubborn spots such as those yellow spots(what are these? my dad said it's airplane fuel but I thought it's tree sap). I just washed it in the washer with woolite on warm water and there are maybe 1 or 2 black particles that are stuck pretty deep in the foam on the white side and yellow side. Is there a way to take them out? I couldn't get em out, and I hope it won't pose a swirling threat. Anybody experienced this?

BTW, the Guzzler is GREAT. I dried both my mom's 4 Runner and my friend's Camry (both were washed at the same time). It just sucks to have water droplets dripping out the side mirrors :mad: .

abrcrombe
02-05-2007, 02:30 AM
Do you have a leaf blower? You can use that to blow the water out of the mirrors. You don't want to wash the shmitts, they can separate. As for a wash... try to find NXT or Duragloss locally.

I don't know what those yellow spots are either.

klumzypinoy
02-05-2007, 02:47 AM
I'm guessing the yellow spots are airplane fuel. I remember my dad said a lot of cars get those yellow spots at his work, and there is an airport really close by where airplanes land and take off.

supercharged
02-05-2007, 02:52 AM
I really like Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds shampoo.

klumzypinoy
02-05-2007, 03:14 AM
I was thinking of getting poorboy's shampoo. I had a dream about it too, I don't know why LOL. What does this mean?

abrcrombe
02-05-2007, 03:33 AM
It means you are hooked. We have support group meetings on Wednesday nights. LOL j/k!

klumzypinoy
02-05-2007, 03:43 AM
LOL. It should be called DA...Detailer's Anonymous

Nica
02-05-2007, 12:06 PM
The Shmitt's are the Shmitt's man, I've always used old bathroom towels and now that I have the all white and Black Shmitt's I'm stuck on them. I've been throwing a bunch of what I called detailing supplies out. Wife thinks I'm having some sort of breakdown or I'm in some kind of denial but I tell I'm just taking care of our other kids hahahahaha...yea I know I need help.

Sign me up for the course.

klumzypinoy
02-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Haha. Some people just don't understand what we're going through :p

garydh2000
02-05-2007, 02:32 PM
I think I may ge getting a bad case of the "Schmitt's"! Where is the best place to buy them?

Thanks,

Gary

Nuke33
02-05-2007, 02:36 PM
COngrats!

P1et
02-05-2007, 02:37 PM
I like the Guzzler a lot, it just takes some getting used to. I never had my hand inside my sponge and it's quite heavy. Also, I need to make sure I don't miss any spots. It's to do so with the large ShMITT.

But the most important thing is that it doesn't marr my paint!

trl2112
02-05-2007, 02:48 PM
I think I may ge getting a bad case of the "Schmitt's"! Where is the best place to buy them?

Thanks,

Gary

Follow the link below

The ShMITT Multi-purpose Foam Mitts (http://www.autogeek.net/shmitt.html)

garydh2000
02-05-2007, 02:53 PM

Surfer
02-05-2007, 04:16 PM
I really like Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds shampoo.Agree, I have some others including a sample of DP but I think PB and Duragloss 901 are the best soaps I've used, both seem the same to me as far as slickness/foaming/cleaning. Meg's Gold Class is a good OTC soap but DP and PB are much better, you can feel the difference.

NXT is a good strip down wash as it has great cleaning ability but is kinda harsh on a carnauba finish. I only use it when I'm stripping down (with some Bug Squash added in).

And yes the Shmitt rocks !!! I love the yellow side for doing the lower cladding on my truck where hard stuff and dirt can get stuck to. I don't do the scrub method on the bucket, I just spray it witha hose, then dunk it, gets rid of any dirt particles and turns white again, very impressive.