PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite carpet cleaner?

Rez90
09-05-2011, 05:02 PM
I don't have an extractor but I do have a PC with a few carpet brushes which typically does a pretty good job.

Out of curiosity what's everyones favorite carpet cleaner that one would use with a brush?

rider9195
09-05-2011, 05:11 PM
I use Meg's APC+ 4:1. Does the job for me. I have seen good results with OPC and Folex as well. Let me know how the carpet brushes work out on the PC!

ScubaCougr
09-05-2011, 05:13 PM
APC or Zep Citrus at up to 3:1, Folex for the tough spots. Spray on, apply scrub brush, suck out with duck-foot nozzle on wet vac.

Rez90
09-05-2011, 05:15 PM
I use Meg's APC+ 4:1. Does the job for me. I have seen good results with OPC and Folex as well. Let me know how the carpet brushes work out on the PC!

The brushes are awesome. Def worth it. They get into the carpet. Much better than I ever could w a hand brush.

Pardon my ignorance. I've seen the abbreviation many times. But what is OPC? Thanks!

rider9195
09-05-2011, 05:18 PM
The brushes are awesome. Def worth it. They get into the carpet. Much better than I ever could w a hand brush.

Pardon my ignorance. I've seen the abbreviation many times. But what is OPC? Thanks!

Awesome! Just added one of the brushes to my cart :dblthumb2:

OPC stands for Optimum Power Clean. Optimum Power Clean™ All Purpose Cleaner 128 oz. Refill New & Improved! (http://www.autogeek.net/128oz-optimum-power-clean-apc.html)

Rez90
09-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Awesome! Just added one of the brushes to my cart :dblthumb2:

OPC stands for Optimum Power Clean. Optimum Power Clean™ All Purpose Cleaner 128 oz. Refill New & Improved! (http://www.autogeek.net/128oz-optimum-power-clean-apc.html)

Nice! Thank you. I was pretty much set on megs APC+ for my next gallon of all purpose....I'm gonna have to make a comparison thread now. :xyxthumbs:

Jenn1270
09-05-2011, 06:03 PM
What is the difference in APC+ and APC?

I used the APC while cleaning my carpets today and it was a little foamy. It all came out nice with the LGM pet version. I really liked the rotating scrubbing brush attachment.

What do most people use in the machine or do most people use it for extraction only? I used the pet solution because that is all I had.

clintb
09-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Nice! Thank you. I was pretty much set on megs APC+ for my next gallon of all purpose....I'm gonna have to make a comparison thread now. :xyxthumbs:If you do, check out:
Optimum Power Clean
Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner
Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner +

Supposedly, the APC+ is an older formulation. Also note, OPC has a newer formula as well and was *just* put up a few days before Labor day.

I have the Meg's APC (green) and have been truly impressed with it at 4:1. I've cleaned stainless steel, car interior, carpet, smooth cooktop stove, leather seating surface of bar stools...all came out very clean.

That said, I do have two gallons of the old formula OPC on the way as it was just too cheap on the very recent BOGO. Can't wait to try it out.

rider9195
09-05-2011, 06:10 PM
What is the difference in APC+ and APC?

I used the APC while cleaning my carpets today and it was a little foamy. It all came out nice with the LGM pet version. I really liked the rotating scrubbing brush attachment.

What do most people use in the machine or do most people use it for extraction only? I used the pet solution because that is all I had.

I believe the APC+ is a low foaming solution. You can use it in carpet extractors. Also it has a nice orange scent.

Porsche Pilot
09-05-2011, 06:38 PM
I use Folex and also Adam's Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner. That stuff is downright great!

A-train
09-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Folex

V3AutoDetailing
09-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Folex on stains and grime. Genral cleaning gets Meguiars Apc +