PDA

View Full Version : Layering Fuzion?

Pages : [1] 2

lkotsios
09-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Is there any benefit to be gained from multiple layers of Fuzion, increased depth increased gloss or am I just wasting product? Has anybody out there done 2 three coats and what was the result?

00celica
09-05-2011, 11:50 AM
I've done two and it definitely seems to add more depth and gloss. It also increases durability. With carnuba, you can throw on as many layers as you want.

IOMCAMARO
09-05-2011, 12:00 PM
I've done two and it definitely seems to add more depth and gloss. It also increases durability. With carnuba, you can throw on as many layers as you want.

This is not always true. If you put too many coats on it could cloud up your finish and you'll have to strip your hard work for nothing.

lkotsios
09-05-2011, 12:17 PM
This is not always true. If you put too many coats on it could cloud up your finish and you'll have to strip your hard work for nothing.
I've noticed that as well you lose clarity sometimes. So when to stop with Fuzion layering 2 3 coats?

mg6045
09-05-2011, 12:51 PM
2 coats should make an improvement. i personally wouldn't waste my time with 3.

a product like upgp can be layered till the bottle runs out though. its a crystal clear sealant with no added oil's or fillers.

lkotsios
09-05-2011, 12:59 PM
2 coats should make an improvement. i personally wouldn't waste my time with 3.

a product like upgp can be layered till the bottle runs out though. its a crystal clear sealant with no added oil's or fillers.
What kind of finish does upgp leave?

hoyt66
09-05-2011, 01:42 PM
I bought my Fuzion on the Fathers Day sale. I applied 2 coats when I received it and

probably a three more coats here and there until the the end of July. I still have

awesome protection. Excellant beading like I just put it on. No cloudiness at all in the

finish. I'll strip and seal in a couple weeks.

loudog2
09-05-2011, 02:37 PM
It was shown in another forum that 2 coats is the limit. The 3rd actually negitively affects the LSP.

A guy did a test and measured the layer after each application using 3 or 4 different methods of application(like WOWO, 5 min sit, 10 min sit)

lkotsios
09-06-2011, 02:28 PM
It was shown in another forum that 2 coats is the limit. The 3rd actually negitively affects the LSP.

A guy did a test and measured the layer after each application using 3 or 4 different methods of application(like WOWO, 5 min sit, 10 min sit)
St.Charles, not to far from me.

yakky
09-06-2011, 02:41 PM

There isn't a single product out there that has any sort of credible layering proof associated with it. If layering worked, it would be super easy to prove.

Kurt_s
09-06-2011, 03:15 PM
I get good coverage with one coat of Fuzion with a DA on a crimson pad. I may add another coat in week or more. I also use Fuzion over DGPS for a 2 product combo. Finally, I often use OCW over Fuzion or DGPS to recharge the wax/sealant about 1x per month. The two waxes seem to be compatible with each other and with DGPS to me.

My paint is normally swirl and oxidation free when I apply the LSP which may be important. I have never applied a first layer of Fuzion to a car where the paint was not first clayed to remove oxidation and fallout at a minimum.

The wax that I used to use recommended a cure time of up to 72 hours. The fresh wax carrier would otherwise melt the existing wax coat so no effective layering. They said 2 layers was all that was needed and applied perpendicular to each other (one lengthwise and one cross wise).

One of the DODO website threads seemed to indicate that 2 layers were about max effective too, although the color wax thread has me thinking.

LegacyGT
09-06-2011, 03:45 PM
There isn't a single product out there that has any sort of credible layering proof associated with it. If layering worked, it would be super easy to prove.

Search for a Dodo layering / color tint thread for more discussion around this.

loudog2
09-06-2011, 06:31 PM
St.Charles, not to far from me.
Where you at??

hoyt66
09-06-2011, 06:55 PM
I would probably agree that layering isn't that effective. Two coats to make sure
you didn't miss any spots. I used Fusion more than I need to in order to satify my

desire for a freshly waxed car. I know a QD would work but is not the same for me.
I did just order a Pinnacle clay kit on special. So i I'm going to clay for the first time

ever (1 year old) . I did the plastic bag test and could not believe how rough the paint surface was. So this weekend I'll clay ,Paint cleanse, Wgdps and then Fuzion for the winter.:buffing::buffing::buffing::dblthumb2:

lkotsios
09-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Where you at??
Prospect heights, its northwest chicago suburb.