PDA

View Full Version : Wurths APC

zas
09-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Dear Seniors,

Can i use Wurths APC to wipe down polishing oil and fillers before applying any sealant, it is very difficult to IPA solution as no body understand the meaning of IPA in this part of the world and i happen to come across Wurth in a body shop.

wonder if Meguiars have any IPA solution?

Feed back please

BobbyG
09-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Dear Seniors,

Can i use Wurths APC to wipe down polishing oil and fillers before applying any sealant, it is very difficult to IPA solution as no body understand the meaning of IPA in this part of the world and i happen to come across Wurth in a body shop.

wonder if Meguiars have any IPA solution?

Feed back please

I'm not personally familiar with Wurths All Purpose Cleaner.

IPA is Isopropyl Alcohol and regular tap water which can be found in most pharmacies and food stores.

Your goal is only to remove polishing oils, debris, and contaminates leaving the surface clean and dry in order for the sealant to bond.

Most polishes and compounds today are water based so washing the area with a diluted solution of standard car wash and water should clean the surfaces aquuately enough for this purpose.....don't forget to rinse with clear water then dry...

porta
09-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Yes, a strong APC solution will remove the polishing oils better then IPA.

cutter
09-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Yes, a strong APC solution will remove the polishing oils better then IPA.

Be sure that the APC is diluted to a paint safe level!!

I'm pretty sure Meg's is diluted to 64:1 before it is considered paint safe...Just use

caution!!

Explicit Shine
09-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Be sure that the APC is diluted to a paint safe level!!

I'm pretty sure Meg's is diluted to 64:1 before it is considered paint safe...Just use

caution!!

I have never heard this before do you have any source so i can read further...?