PDA

View Full Version : Have to give PB Leather Stuff a shout out

goathead
09-05-2011, 06:50 AM
So a few months back I picked up a 97 F250HD that has a leather steering wheel that's had one of those stretch covers over the top of it since new. Not being a fan of steering wheel covers I immediately pulled it off. While the leather itself was visually in good shape, it was nasty and tacky to touch and would leave your hands smelling like death. I tried some cleaners and conditioners on it with no luck, it was clean but still tacky and didn't feel right.

I took the PB Leather Stuff and absolutely slathered it on the steering wheel so you see product resting on the surface of the wheel. Let it sit for a day, came back and wiped it off. Seemed to be about 80% there so I did the same thing for another day. The next day, the wheel was like new.

I was skeptical that it would be temporary so I didn't post any results initially. Now after three months, going through the summer, the wheel is still in great shape. I was driving it all weekend and realized I should probably post this up because IME this has been a great conditioning and protective product. Blown away by the results, thanks PB!

Robert8194
09-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the great tip on a useful product. Now you know why they had the cover in the steering wheel.

tuscarora dave
09-05-2011, 11:06 AM
PB Leather Stuff is a nice product with light cleaning ability. I have used it to clean and condition the leather or vinyl on many cars. I now use Optimum Power Clean followed by Ultima Interior Guard Plus.

goathead
09-05-2011, 03:51 PM
No the cover had been on for a while, there wasn't a single wear mark or indentation on the leather, it was just...dry. Just pleasantly surprised at the result.