PDA

View Full Version : optimum instant detailer and gloss enhancer

pmdureska
09-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Well, another thumbs up for another fine product from optimum. A few days ago i was running a little low on quick detailer ( i had been using blackfire deep gloss spray, menzerna high gloss acrylic shield which is no longer available), so i was trolling the forums looking for something new to try. i figured you can't go wrong with an optimum product and the price is definitely right with the 3 to 1 dilution. easy on and off and a very slick shine afterwards. :xyxthumbs:

ScottB
09-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Its so glossy and indeed the dilution can help especially with any streaking in direct sunlight and to make a nice product even better.

john b
09-04-2011, 08:29 PM
i have used it with both onr and the old dp rinseless as a drying aid[probably a little over kill]

VISITOR
09-04-2011, 08:51 PM
maybe chris could answer this.. is there going to be a "new improved" version of this anytime soon?

CleanGene
09-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Yes, Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer is an excellent product. Great drying aid and smells good too.

Chris Thomas
09-04-2011, 11:02 PM
maybe chris could answer this.. is there going to be a "new improved" version of this anytime soon?

What would you like us to improve upon? Gimme your thoughts and we'll see what we can do. I'm very pleased with this product and have even started using it as a waterless wash personally by saturating a panel, spreading with one microfiber, then buffing in with the second. Cleans almost as well as OptiClean...and I mean closely, plus the gloss enhancers make it look waxed in a single step.

mg6045
09-05-2011, 02:53 AM
This is by far the best quick detailer I have ever used.

Over the winter when I bought my first bottle I complained of some streaking. But I came to realize that all of my products sucked in cold weather.

Now that I have used it for the entire summer I must say that it works effortlessly. yes, my car is garaged during the week, but I get waterbeading and extreme slickness (sealant like slickness) for a solid 4 weeks.

another nice thing about the product is that is has fluropolymers in it and offers solid protection. The same polymers are used in many companys sealants.

BobbyG
09-05-2011, 07:39 AM
Oh my God something else to try!! :laughing:

In all seriousness though I've never found an Optimum product I didn't like! :props:

novaman
09-05-2011, 09:57 AM
What would you like us to improve upon? Gimme your thoughts and we'll see what we can do. I'm very pleased with this product and have even started using it as a waterless wash personally by saturating a panel, spreading with one microfiber, then buffing in with the second. Cleans almost as well as OptiClean...and I mean closely, plus the gloss enhancers make it look waxed in a single step.Chris, I have used your Optimum Quick Detailer and I like it. However, just recently, running low on OQD, I mixed up some ONR in the quick detailer ration (eg: 8 ounces to 1 gallon of distilled water) and is quickly becoming my quick detailer of choice. Plus, as you have done with the Optimum Quick Detailer, I could use is as a waterless wash as well. I haven't sat down and figured out what the best cost per oz is on all the products yet as I have more ONR then anything else right now. It's a very versatile product, for sure.

novaman

silverfox
09-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Although a great product I too have discovered it's not a cold weather friend. Very few quick detailers will work in a northeast winter. I just use ONR in winter as both a wash and detailer. Hit it with a wash then hit it again at detail strength. Just bought a boat load as winter approaches.

Chris Thomas
09-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Although a great product I too have discovered it's not a cold weather friend. Very few quick detailers will work in a northeast winter. I just use ONR in winter as both a wash and detailer. Hit it with a wash then hit it again at detail strength. Just bought a boat load as winter approaches.

Have you tried changing the dilution to 4:1 or diluting with distilled water?

Chris Thomas
09-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Chris, I have used your Optimum Quick Detailer and I like it. However, just recently, running low on OQD, I mixed up some ONR in the quick detailer ration (eg: 8 ounces to 1 gallon of distilled water) and is quickly becoming my quick detailer of choice. Plus, as you have done with the Optimum Quick Detailer, I could use is as a waterless wash as well. I haven't sat down and figured out what the best cost per oz is on all the products yet as I have more ONR then anything else right now. It's a very versatile product, for sure.

novaman

ONR QD is great too, but lacks the gloss OID provides. It is cheaper though.

CleanGene
09-05-2011, 11:06 AM
3:1 ratio with distilled water works well for me.