PDA

View Full Version : Colonite 915 or Finishkare pink wax?

lkotsios
09-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Durability not being a factor, which one would you choose as a beauty wax for a red corvette?

FUNX650
09-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Durability not being a factor, which one would you choose as a beauty wax for a red corvette?

If what everyone says about the Collinite products (including #915) is true (very durable), then you've listed just one beauty wax: FK1 #2685 Pink Wax. So the choosing seems to be slim to none. :) J/K

This info probably may have no bearing on your question, but, I believe that the Meguiar family's products have been around for quite awhile now and enjoy a faithful following.

When Floyd Meguiar left the family business in the 1960's, to venture out on his own, he started Finishkare. (Since his passing, the FK1 product line was sold to a competitor).

With that in mind, I'd venture to guess that if one appreciates the 'looks' that Meg's #26 gives to a red Corvette, they'll probably appreciate the same 'looks' by applying FK1 #2685 Pink Wax to a red Corvette.

Bob

truckbutt
09-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Consider:
Wax: Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Plus- Great depth and gloss.
Sealant: Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant- Depth, gloss, wetness, durability of a sealant.
PS: FK#425 is about the best QD out there.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-04-2011, 05:47 PM
With that in mind, I'd venture to guess that if one appreciates the 'looks' that Meg's #26 gives to a red Corvette
Meg's #26 looks very good on red!! :dblthumb2:

truckbutt
09-04-2011, 06:59 PM
I have half a dozen unopened bottles of #26 in my garage. I love it. Only thing is I stopped using it on anything other then my silver Jeep after trying Gold Class Carnauba Plus. You might not notice the difference on a white or silver color car, but on a rich red or black, Gold Class Carnauba Plus blows #26 away. It adds a depth and wet look that #26 doesn't have.
Just my 2c adjusted for inflation.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-04-2011, 07:13 PM
I have half a dozen unopened bottles of #26 in my garage. I love it. Only thing is I stopped using it on anything other then my silver Jeep after trying Gold Class Carnauba Plus. You might not notice the difference on a white or silver color car, but on a rich red or black, Gold Class Carnauba Plus blows #26 away. It adds a depth and wet look that #26 doesn't have.

Ya know, I think I remember Allen(Lasthope) saying something similar about Meg's Gold Class Carnauba Plus.