PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning perforated seats?

slickooz
09-04-2011, 11:19 AM
A few weeks ago I forgot I left a unopened can of soda in my car. And it exploded and got everywhere in my car. I cleaned up most of it off, but there seem to be some in perforated seats. I can definitely feels the difference between my seat and the passenger's.

Is there anyway to fix it? I think some of the soda got into the foam part and now it feels stiffer in some areas.

I tried cleaning with APC+ but that didn't do much, think a steamer would fix the problem?

Flash Gordon
09-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Sounds like you've got a mess going on there Gary

Are your seats air-conditioned/heated? Are there airbags?

slickooz
09-04-2011, 01:32 PM
They are heated but I haven't used them. Is there a way to take apart the seat and clean it up?

Anyone had this situation before?

Flash Gordon
09-04-2011, 01:35 PM
They are heated but I haven't used them. Is there a way to take apart the seat and clean it up?

Anyone had this situation before?

Yes, that area will come apart if you unstitch the stitches and then sew it back up afterwards

Any other questions Gary?

slickooz
09-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Yes, that area will come apart if you unstitch the stitches and then sew it back up afterwards

Any other questions Gary?

LOL Flash, going try a few things today. There seem to be some type of odor in my car because of the soda.

Flash Gordon
09-04-2011, 01:45 PM
There seem to be some type of odor in my car because of the soda.

Thats the Sodiumlypifiednitatrite gasses being released from the Soda Pop :)

BobbyG
09-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Gary,

Perforated seats are a pain in the rear to clean properly and permanently!

Soda can be one sticky mess that keeps rearing its ugly head because it keeps attracting dust and dirt. I think the best thing in this case would be very warm water and an extractor. It dissolves very easily in warm water and can be vacuumed away.

slickooz
10-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Will steaming work? The next big purchase I want to get is a nice steamer and extractor.

Flash Gordon
10-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Will steaming work? The next big purchase I want to get is a nice steamer and extractor.

Steaming will be very effective

What unit are you looking @ Gary?

slickooz
10-24-2011, 09:47 PM
VX500. Just googled it and, WOW I didn't know it cost 800.......

Flash Gordon
10-24-2011, 09:51 PM
VX500, is it really worth the price tag?

From what I hear their very nice. If I were you I would ask Anthony (B&B) as I'm sure he's been running the dog urine out of his this Summer

:)

slickooz
10-24-2011, 09:56 PM
From what I hear their very nice. If I were you I would ask Anthony (B&B) as I'm sure he's been running the dog urine out of his this Summer

:)

Thanks! I'm going dig up an old thread I think he made before he choose the steamer.

Flash Gordon
10-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Thanks! I'm going dig up an old thread I think he made before he choose the steamer.

He has a thread dedicated to the VX5000. I suggest you :bump: that joint :)

jamores23
10-25-2011, 06:33 AM
I got the vx5000, i love it, it cuts down my interior time by half.. and it cleans more than I can by hand in half the time!! just be careful you dont burn plastics... ask me how i know lol... whats up flashhhh!!!

Flash Gordon
10-25-2011, 07:55 AM
whats up flashhhh!!!

Life is good ;)

How have you been doing James?