PDA

View Full Version : CG's CitrusWash,There might be a NEW sheriff in town!

Pages : [1] 2

IID
09-03-2011, 01:32 PM
I have used CG's CitrusWash as a wax/sealant stripping wash for years and for the most part works well when foaming and hand washing in high concentrates.Sometimes the product would require (2) sessions to FULLY leave the vehicles finish with NO water beading,and ready for a fresh coat of an LSP.

Well,there is a new product offered at AG from Migliore:
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2175_122965774
Migliore Citro Shampoo, citrus shampoo, wax removing shampoo, remove wax (http://www.autogeek.net/migliore-citro-shampoo.html)
Migliore Citro Shampoo is a powerful, citrus based auto shampoo used to strip any wax or paint sealant protection.

I've read on another forum that this product is VERY effective in removing any wax/sealant that needs to be removed for a new LSP application.

I will be ordering and reviewing this product to see if indeed,there is a new sheriff in town Im the MAN

05xrunner
09-03-2011, 06:38 PM
yea but for $28 what kind of dilution ratio is needed to be able to strip the wax..it doesnt say in the description. Considering CG Citrus wash can be had for $8 for 16oz

BobbyG
09-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Sounds like a great product, pricey, but nevertheless it has some possibilities...:props:

rwright
09-03-2011, 07:17 PM
yea but for $28 what kind of dilution ratio is needed to be able to strip the wax..it doesnt say in the description. Considering CG Citrus wash can be had for $8 for 16oz

I'm with you 100%. This may be more for the individual doing their own car(s). So far this season I would have used an equivalent of $336 of this product :eek:. Can't wait for feedback on it though, that is if I don't buy a bottle...

Lasthope05
09-03-2011, 07:32 PM
I never understood these types of products. Why not just spray an APC/degreaser on a panel before you wash it. That fully removes all lsp's and then you wouldnt need another "special" product to remove waxes. APC's and degreasers are safe to use on paint as long as it is not allowed to dry on the surface. I understand there is a market for everything and anything but wax stripping shampoos? I think its one of the best marketed products for stealing your money.

PA DETAILER
09-03-2011, 07:38 PM
interesting. but after using griots paint prep............

C. Charles Hahn
09-03-2011, 11:03 PM
I guess we know what this month's flavor is....

IID
09-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Yes,the product is a little expensive but like I mentioned I have been using CG's CitrusWash for awhile now.The Migliore is a boutique company that offers a product that does cost more than CG's but if it works well,I'll mix-it up a bit and reach for a different one every now and then to keep things interesting.
I like to try different products out from different vendors,it keeps things exciting for me.
I enjoy detailing very much and it doesn't feel like a job to me when using a variety of products.

PA DETAILER
09-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Yes,the product is a little expensive but like I mentioned I have been using CG's CitrusWash for awhile now.The Migliore is a boutique company that offers a product that does cost more than CG's but if it works well,I'll mix-it up a bit and reach for a different one every now and then to keep things interesting.
I like to try different products out from different vendors,it keeps things exciting for me.
I enjoy detailing very much and it doesn't feel like a job to me when using a variety of products.

...well said... we are all guilty of trying new products. and, it is fun to try the newbies. :props:

highgrade
09-04-2011, 09:46 AM
is there advantages using citrus type of washes or good ol fashioned dawn?

PA DETAILER
09-04-2011, 10:17 AM
is there advantages using citrus type of washes or good ol fashioned dawn?

DAWN is getting old school now. griots paint prep, or one of the citrus based washes are in. i have used the griots, and its amazing at removing product!

Griot's Garage Paint Prep, Griots Paint Cleaner, Prewax cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-paint-prep.html)

rwright
09-04-2011, 10:26 AM

I'm not saying I would never buy this product, just saying it's more for individual use in my opinion. I have Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo but I don't use it for volume work.

highgrade
09-04-2011, 10:41 AM
DAWN is getting old school now. griots paint prep, or one of the citrus based washes are in. i have used the griots, and its amazing at removing product!

Griot's Garage Paint Prep, Griots Paint Cleaner, Prewax cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-paint-prep.html)
It's not my intent to go off-topic but what is wrong with old school? I mean, if a product works, use it....right? Aside from increasing the cost to use a product like this new citris cleaner, what are the added benefits (where is the value added by using them)?
I like new products but want to understand why I should be spending the money to try these products that "old school" products seem to do just fine.
BTW, when I think of staple "old school" things, I relate to it like this.....there is the 80's one-hit wonder song and then there is the 80's classic that just won't die. Dawn, IMO, is like the 80's classic that just won't die.

mg6045
09-04-2011, 11:14 AM
hmmmm..... 1 gallon of CG CITRUS to 16oz of this product.

nope, no new sherrif anywhere near my town. lol

IID
09-04-2011, 11:36 AM
hmmmm..... 1 gallon of CG CITRUS to 16oz of this product.

nope, no new sherrif anywhere near my town. lol

Haha,OK
Maybe a new Sheriff in MY town ;)