PDA

View Full Version : heavy tree sap

ballfan4141
09-02-2011, 09:57 PM
got a car that has heavy tree sap. I have never seen it this bad. it is a clear sap that is very sticky and thick. it has a sweet smell to it and it was in the boston area.

anway PB bug and tar along with the regular wash should get this out? what dulition on the PB? thanks again.

oldmodman
09-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Mix up a tiny batch at 3 to 1 and see if it will remove the sap. If no go full strength. And if that doesn't work you may have to go with turpentine. Turpentine will dissolve every sap I have ever encountered. But like always, test it in a hidden spot to make sure it doesn't harm the paint. I like the underside of the trunk, no body ever looks there.
But just saying, I have never had it damage any finish. But I just own cheap cars:xyxthumbs:

garcin
09-03-2011, 01:00 AM
Try cold water with a microfiber...don't laugh, it has worked for me

ballfan4141
09-03-2011, 02:49 PM
ok guys did it today. now let me tell you this. the sap was all over the car. it literally looked like someone took a glue gun and put big thick heavy blotches with the glue gun on it. it was raised up off the paint. it was clear sap but never seen it like this before.

MirandaAutoSpa
09-03-2011, 04:18 PM
I have encounter that before...rubbing alcohol (diluted) or lacquer thinner (use with caution) to dissolve it. But the sap had already poch marked the clear. To bad, if only the owner had it removed sooner.

Jimmie
09-03-2011, 05:45 PM
ok guys did it today. now let me tell you this. the sap was all over the car. it literally looked like someone took a glue gun and put big thick heavy blotches with the glue gun on it. it was raised up off the paint. it was clear sap but never seen it like this before.

Results?
What mix finally worked?

ballfan4141
09-03-2011, 10:59 PM
straight bug and tar remover. went over it in a cycle about 10 times. each time I would put it on and scrub and rinse off. also used alcohol. I couldnt get it all off 100%. I never seen this on a car before. I should of took some pics.

ballfan4141
09-06-2011, 09:03 AM
anyone ever see that kind of heavy sap on a car before.