PDA

View Full Version : Here's my first order what do you think?

dmband
09-02-2011, 05:49 PM
If there's anything I forgot let me know I scored big with 15% off and free shipping! Doing everything by hand for now so not really doing any paint corrections swirls etc for now until I can afford a DA :(
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x471/dmband41/2011-09-02184340.jpg

ThirdgenTa
09-02-2011, 05:54 PM
You got some pretty good stuff. My favorites that I use often is the Menzerna Power lock, Ultima trim and tire guard, Ultimate quick detailer and optimum no rinse. The others I have not used, but heard they work well.

dmband
09-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Cool thanks! Looking for an affordable vacuum that will plug into the cig lighter. I've found one on another site that has gotten very very good reviews and a good price. What do you use?

Perfections
09-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Great looking order all of which are good products, sorry I don't know of any good vacs that plug into your cigarette lighter :(

ThirdgenTa
09-02-2011, 07:15 PM
I use a big shop vac. So when I do mobile detailing I have to make sure the customer has a power outlet at their house. Either that or you will have to pony up for a generator.
As far as the cigarette lighter vaccums go, I don't really know of any with any decent sucking power.

kronos
09-02-2011, 07:22 PM
That bottle of ONR is too small!!! It's so versatile you'll go through it in no time. E.g., you can use it to perform no rinse washes, as a clay lube, as a quick detailer, a drying aide, a capfull in soap bucket for extra lubrication and more!

Jenn1270
09-02-2011, 09:40 PM
That's a great start. It will allow you to find out what you like and build up from there. I personally prefer to start with the smaller bottles and smaller waxes so I don't spend alot of money on stuff that I don't like. Then again, I think Wills of Windows and Wheels enjoys it because he gets most of my discards.

Jenn

shoeless89
09-03-2011, 12:01 AM
The other day I was putting all my stuff away and I said to myself "How did I get ALL THIS STUFF!" lol before you know it you'll be buying stuff monthly. I love the Menzerna Power Lock, Optimum No Rinse (for sure need a bigger bottle), UTTG is great suff, and I usually use my Meguiar's Ultimate Detailer as a drying aid. Have fun with your new stuff :) I'm sure you already have your eye on a bunch of other stuff you want and are mentally sorting out which products you want first lol

dmband
09-03-2011, 01:09 PM
I don't know about buying monthly I wish but shipping seems a little pricy and it seems like you have to spend quite a bit to get free shipping :/ What do you guys do if you only need 1 or 2 items it seems like shipping might kill the deal.

SonOfOC
09-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Looks like you done some reading. Good order! You'll need some microfiber towels. If you can, get some dedicated for general, glass, and drying.

Looking at your order, you'll probably run out of QD first. Lexol, MPL and Collonite will last a long time.

Good luck!

dmband
09-03-2011, 01:30 PM
YES lots of reading! At first it was VERY overwhelming but now it's all coming together I'm glad I didn't just give up! The videos are very helpful. If I have any question I always do a forum search and it has always almost been answered or discussed before.

mg6045
09-03-2011, 06:38 PM
that's a solid order dude !

this is on bogo and I think its a fantastic product. seems like the products you picked are time savers (ie: ONR), so I suggest you give this a try.

Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner - Agreed upon by leather care pros world wide, leather requires both cleaning and conditioning to keep it (http://www.autogeek.net/pileclco.html)

CaneCharger
09-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Great order!!! Wait to you Sonex - cool product! UTTG, is AWESOME

HAVE FUN!