PDA

View Full Version : Basement Waterproofing

jslym777
09-01-2011, 07:54 PM
So I spent 5,000 dollars for a company to come out and upgrade my sump pump basin and system. They arrived at 8 am, one hour late. As they are upacking their vehicle with their products and I am leaving to head to work, I notice them pull off a 1/3 horsepower sump, exactly the same as what I have now... even though included in the price and on the foremans check off sheet it says 1/2 horsepower pump. Big mistake! Thats half of what I needed upgraded. They also unpacked a small back up pump which was also supposed to be a 1/2 hp pump. UGH!!! so at this point I decided to stay home and make sure they get the right products. Im sure they would have installed the cheapo lesser ones if I hadnt caught them before the unit was installed. So they get at least one correct pump there and I leave for work only to come home to a NON SEALED basin when I was supposed to have a sealed unit!!!! AND.... I talked to the employee earlier in the day and he said it would be a sealed unit! I am going to explode at their office tomorrow. They are going to have to re-jack hammer all the new cement out! haha they are crazy. Everything is on their check off sheet correct and they for some reason cant follow it at all.

longdx
09-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfotunes. I hope all is resolved. You paid good money to have quality work and they should honor the agreement.

ScottB
09-01-2011, 08:36 PM
you wonder if its inept employees, or a company hoping to make some $$ with cost cutting. The pump was probably a remanufactured unit from the last house they visit. Tread carefully ...

4wheelsonline
09-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfotunes. I hope all is resolved. You paid good money to have quality work and they should honor the agreement.

Yes I agree with you... Before they work they have the agreement that need to follow. They just wasting their time and money. :buffing:

onlycodered
09-01-2011, 09:44 PM
That's crap man. Be thankful you at least have a sump pump in your basement! The place I rent at currently has no sump pump and a gutter is missing on one side of the building so all the water runs down into the basement.

Going to try and get that all resolved but I wonder how much this could be affecting my health with all the mold and crap that's growing down there.

FussMan
09-01-2011, 09:47 PM
You should first contact your city's building department. Ask if the company that did the work filed a bond and permit with the city; its called a surity bond. The bond can provide coverage. The City can direct you as how to proceed.

There are other things you can do but this is a good start.

good luck

Fussman